fourteen | no falling in love

AN : looking forward to what you guys think about this chapter!! vote and comment<3

"We need to set some rules," I said, pulling my feel under my butt and adjusting myself comfortably of my fake boyfriend's sofa

"We need to set some rules," I said, pulling my feel under my butt and adjusting myself comfortably of my fake boyfriend's sofa. Away from him. I had made sure to keep my distance from him because dangerous, extremely dangerous, things happened when he was in my vicinity.

He licked his lips, tilting his head in amusement and turned on the sofa too, so now he was facing me. "Rules?"

"Yeah. Now that we're dating,"— before he could get a word out and interrupt me by saying fake again, I held my hand up and cleared my throat—, "fake, I know, we need to set up some basic rules. So that we know each other's boundaries and don't get awkward while we're out."

"Yeah, that makes sense." He appraised me, his blue eyes looking a shade darker under his LED lighting system, his black hair— ungelled— splayed across his forehead over the gauze wrapped around his head. He was so etherally beautiful, in his habitat— especially, in his habitat— that it made my heart beat faster.

I was in Kyst Archer's house. His home. Willingly. And he was vulnerable in front of me as much as I was in front of him. It made my heart warm.

"But first," he said quickly. "You need to tell me why you want me to pretend to be your boyfriend. And for how long." He didn't let me speak before a smirk overtook his annoyingly handsome face and he clicked his tongue, "Although I wouldn't mind being your boyfriend for forever."

My eyes widened. He was so brash and it was just so hot, him being so direct and so unnervingly flirty that— "That last statement brings me to rule number one: No flirting. Ever."

He rolled his eyes as if I had just said the dumbest thing he'd ever heard and rested his elbow on his knee before leaning forward and raised a brow. "Vi darling, if I don't flirt, ever, then how will we make it seem believable to whomever you want to convince, that we are dating?"

"Sully and Sav," I complied. "I already told you that I need you to pretend to be my date to their wedding. It's just— I don't have a date and Sav's been really hyped about getting her cousin to be my date"— I could swear to God I saw a muscle in his jaw tick— "but I don't like him. So, I just made up a lie about already having a boyfriend and that's where you come in: my boss. My boyfriend."

"That's— wow; you should really try becoming a writer. You're so good at making up lies," he chuckled, running a hand through his hair, his biceps flexing under his shirt. Asshole. "So you want me to be your date to Sully and Savannah's wedding but you don't want me to flirt with you? I didn't know couples didn't flirt," he said, a suspicious glint lining his eyes, mock playfulness lighting his words.