Chapter 3: Eddie's

"She's thrilled to see us

"She's thrilled to see us." I said immediately after Maya slammed the door behind her.

"You're not helping." Theo stood up from the couch and headed to the kitchen. "It doesn't look like she'll let you stay the night here. We should find you a hotel."

"Or I can go back home." I tried my luck, but apparently I'm out of luck since Theo glared at me.

"You know what Killian said."

"Yes. Yes." I rolled my eyes. "But before we get to the hotel can we talk about your sister because wow."

I swear when the door opened to reveal a woman with raven black hair, dark eyes and porcelain doll skin, I thought I was at the wrong entrance. And when she opened her mouth, I was sure this couldn't be Theo's little sister.

Her tongue was sharper than the look with which she was looking at me.

And as my gaze slid down her body, I let myself be carried away. The short shorts showed off her beautiful long legs, but unfortunately the big t-shirt covered her ass.

Many things went through my mind before Theo appeared behind her. Things I will never say out loud about my best friend's little sister.

"She's...different." With a glass of water in hand, he turned towards me and leaned against the kitchen counter.

"I would say hot." I whispered to myself.

"I thought she would be more..." He hesitated.

"Nice." I finished for him. "Yeah, your sister doesn't look like she's been nice for the last few years, friend."

"I expected it to be easier" He grabbed his head and exhaled heavily. "And the guy she was with. She didn't even know his name."

"Wait, stop. What guy?"

"I'm not even going to start."

"Wait. The guy who came out of the building with his shirt on backwards?" I said with a smile on my face. "Are you kidding me? And she didn't know his name? Wow. I'm starting to like your sister more and more."

"I'm glad you're excited." He said, annoyed. "I don't know what happened to her." He shrugged. "I really thought she hadn't changed."

"And what did you expect? You haven't seen her for how long? Three, four years? Of course she's changed." Although I didn't expect it myself but I'm not going to say that out loud am I?

"Of course I knew she wouldn't be the same, but not like this." He pointed to the door she came out of. "Maybe I should call our parents."

"Have you lost your mind?" I frowned. "Your parents? Those parents who wanted to turn you into the police because you smuggled a girl home when you were eighteen? Sure, and tell them right away that your job is related to the mafia. They'll be thrilled." I faked a smile.