Chapter 31: Misunderstanding 🔥

Maya

Maya. You definitely like him.

Those words kept repeating in my head the whole way back home.

What am I even supposed to think about it?

I don't like Acker. I mean, yes, but no.

He's attractive, that's for sure, but that's where it ends. He's a manwhore and...and I shouldn't say that, since I'm no better.

The question I have to ask myself is whether I would be able to last more than a week with someone and for that someone to be Acker.

Maybe it would be nice to have a relationship again.

What the hell are you talking about, Maya? You're not into relationships.

I know I've said that a hundred times, but now it's different. Maybe it wouldn't even be a relationship as a relationship, but just good sex? It's an option I should explore.

I opened the door to my apartment, still confused about everything, and walked in. I threw the keys on the kitchen counter and looked around.

Where is Acker?

He's usually glued to the couch watching TV, but he's not there now.

"Acker?" I said in a calm voice, but no one answered.

He had to go out.

When I was heading to my room, I heard his voice from his room.

I stopped in front of my door and I couldn't do it, I had to go after him.

What do you want to tell him? Hey Acker, do you want to sleep with me so I know what I really want?

"Get it together, Maya," I whispered to myself as I stood outside his room. "Just tell him you probably like him."

Probably?

I knocked on the door, but for some reason didn't wait for his answer and went inside.

I shouldn't have.

"What the fuck?" I looked in horror at the half-naked woman, at Acker's crotch.

She yelped and reached for her t-shirt to cover her breasts. She rolled off him, but my attention was already on him by then.

And the way he looked at me? Without any emotion. As if nothing happened right now. As if I wouldn't find him between her legs a few minutes later.

"Really?" I snorted but felt a stone in my throat.

"What?" He said in a cold voice.

"What?" I repeated his question. "You're really fucking asking me, what?" I looked at him in disbelief.

"I going to head out." Said the blonde who was still only holding a t-shirt over her breasts. She slipped past me and a few seconds later I heard the front door.