Chapter 36: Dressing room

I woke up to the most beautiful view possible

Maya sat next to me, my head on her side as she scribbled something in a black book. She looked so calm that I felt sorry when she noticed that I was already awake.

"Good morning." She smiled at me and closed the book.

"What's in it?" I nodded my head at it.

"Nothing." She shook her head and I knew she was lying.

I wanted to ask again, but it quickly passed as she tangled her fingers in my hair. Oh my God. Why is it the best feeling?

"I'm glad you're up. Eddie was texting me asking if I could fill in for one of our bartenders at lunch. I have to go get ready." She said, her hand still in my hair. When did I become a puppy? You know what? I don't even care.

"What time is it?" I wrapped my arms around her and buried my head in her stomach.

"Late." She laughed. "We should get up."

Her words only earned her a disapproving groan. I don't want to move from here.

"Come on Sebbie, I need a shower." She patted my back and I raised my head and glared at her.

"Don't call me that." I grabbed her hand and put it back in my hair before laying down again.

"And what do you want me to call you?" She laughed.

"Acker. I like it when you call me that."

"Not Sebastian?"

"You call me Sebastian when you're mad at me or drunk, so no, don't call me Sebastian."

"You know that's your name, right?"

"Maya," I said in a warning tone. "Are you trying to piss me off? Because if you are, it's working. And I can assure you that if you keep going, the only place you're going to end up is the bed. No work."

"I don't know if that was meant to be a threat, but it sounds like a better way to pass the time."

"Don't tempt me." I looked up at her. Maya was grinning from ear to ear.

"Sorry, Acker. It won't happen again." She bent down and kissed my forehead. "But I really have to get up."

"Fine." A disapproving moan escaped my mouth and I sat up. "Shower." I put my hands on my knees and stood up.

"Together?" She raised an eyebrow. "You really don't want me to go to work do you?" She stood up and laughed.

"Is that a possibility?" I raised an eyebrow.

"No." She bent down and kissed me. "I wouldn't be mad if you made breakfast." She winked at me and started walking to the bathroom.

"Would you like whole or half-shell eggs?" I shouted after her and she just laughed.