Chapter 5: Argument

I feel sorry for whoever gets in my way today and somehow pisses me off

I feel sorry for whoever gets in my way today and somehow pisses me off. I shouldn't have gone to work. It was a bad idea.

The moment I walked into Eddie's, inhaled the smell of alcohol and looked around the people, I regretted it.

Theo pissed me off enough at lunch. I haven't seen him since then, and that's a good thing. I kind of hope he won't be there when I get home tonight. Truth? I wouldn't even be surprised if he did leave.

"You've got to be kidding me." I found my target to take my anger out on as my gaze wandered to the bar.

Julie stood behind the bar, smiling from ear to ear at Acker, who was laughing and drinking.

I quickly walked over to the bar and held on to the last patience so as not to knock over his chair and see him on the ground.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I said between my teeth.

Julie's smile dropped immediately and she looked at me confused.

"Mimi." Acker smiled at me. I'm going to break someone's jaw today. No one will mind if it's him. "I'm enjoying a drink. I heard this is one of the best bars. I wanted to see for myself. What about you? Are you even old enough to drink?" He looked at me thoughtfully while I clenched my fists. Julie walked quickly from behind the bar next to me.

"Maya works here." She said before I could open my mouth or snap at him. "Eddie was asking for you. You should go, I'll join you. Nice meeting you Sebastian." She gave him a small smile and started pulling me into the back rooms.

"What are you doing?" I pulled out of her grip when we were far enough away from people.

"Me? What are you doing?" She frowned. "You looked like you were going to smash his mouth in. What happened?"

"Theo happened. And that moron over there." I pointed back to the door of the bar. "Is his best friend."

"Oh." She stood stunned.

"Yeah, oh." I crossed my arms over my breasts. "Please tell me you weren't flirting with him."

"I wasn't." She put her hands in a defensive gesture. "Only he was."

"I'll break his jaw." I turned on the spot and was planning to go back to the bar when she caught me.

"Maya stop. Please. What's wrong? Lunch with your brother went that bad?"

"What do you think?" I raised my voice, which startled her. "Sorry." I quickly came to my senses. What am I doing? Julie doesn't deserve this. "There's a lot going on right now." I breathed out hard. "And Acker being here isn't helping."

"I get it, Maya." She grabbed both my hands. "Why don't you go to Eddie and ask if you can get a night off? There aren't many people here, Mason can handle it himself."