Chapter 45: Birthday

I have to say, the way Maya looks at my home warms my heart for some reason

We all sat in the living room for a while and just talked before Maya and I got up and I decided to show her here.

"Your family isn't that bad." She spoke as I led her towards the rooms.

"Don't believe a word that comes out of their mouths when it comes to me. They lie." I put my arm around her shoulders. "That's Lucy's room." I nodded my head towards one of the doors and as we turned the corner we stopped in front of my room. "And this is mine." I pointed to the door for her to open.

Without hesitation, she grabbed the doorknob and went inside. She stopped for a moment just inside the door before carefully inspecting the gray-colored room.

"Too many," I answered a question she didn't say out loud, but I could see it on her.

How many women have been here before me?

"But not one of them were you." I walked up to her and put my hands on her hips. "They will never be you."

"That's because..." She turned around and clasped her hands behind my neck, my hands still on her hips. "Theo only has one sister." She smiled. "But you have many brothers." She winked at me and at that moment I lifted her into the air and threw her onto my bed.

"Now you have a problem, Maya Carter." I reached for my belt. "And trust me when I tell you, you will regret those words."

Maya laughed and propped herself up on her elbows. "I don't think I'll regret anything about this."

Oh fuck, I love her.

I quietly slipped out of Acker's room so as not to wake him

I quietly slipped out of Acker's room so as not to wake him. I don't know what time it is, but judging by the fact that it's dark outside, it's not that much.

I headed to the kitchen for water and by pure chance happened to find it in this huge villa at first try.

I really don't understand why anyone needs so much space. It seems a little pointless to me.