Chapter 14: Secrets

I heard the door to Maya's room open, but I didn't turn around

"You should take those legs off. If Maya sees you, she'll kick you out so fast you won't even know what hit you."

"I'd like to see her try." I laughed and looked at Julie. "Have you cried and made up yet? Because let me tell you, she was insufferable." Like a little kid. Even Lucy is more mature.

"Made up? Yes. Cried?" She snorted. "If Maya ever sheds a tear, something is going to be really bad." She emphasized the word properly.

"You women cry when you see cute cat videos."

"That's just mean." She frowned.

"So you say it's not true?" I took my feet off the table and turned to get a good look at her.

"Well..." She stopped. "Maybe for me, but not for her." She raised her chin proudly.

"Well she looked like she was going to cry yesterday. She was talking about how you left her and some guy..."

"Ray." She cut me off. "Oh please, she would never cry over him. Yes, he was hot and nice at times, but no. No way."

"Really?" The corner of my mouth lifted. "Tell me more."

"Shit." She froze in place. "You haven't heard a word from me." She pointed her finger at me. "I didn't say anything."

"Oh come on doll." I smiled.

"No." She crossed her arms over her chest. "I have to go, but make sure she's breathing every now and then." She looked at Maya's door. "And thank you."

"For what?" I looked at her confused.

"That you called me and told me what was going on."

"Like I said, she was unbearable. It's nothing more." I shrugged it off.

"Sure things." She tried to hide her smile, but she couldn't do it very well. "See you later Sebastian." She walked towards the door and disappeared behind it.

Weird woman. Nice, but weird.

*****

"They're so bad it hurts my eyes. Can you turn the damn thing off?" I was pointing at the football game.

I hate watching sports. Mainly football. What kind of sport is this anyway? Who enjoys watching that? I need something more physical. Let them beat themselves in the face, but not this. They don't even touch and someone falls to the ground in pain.

"Shut up and watch. We agreed that you..." He stopped and we both flinched when we heard a crash from Maya's room. We exchanged glances.

What is she doing again?

"Maya are you okay?" Theo yelled at her.

"I'm not in the mood to threaten anyone today, Theo. Let her handle it herself this time." I said assuming it was another guy who gave Julie a crooked look. "Plus she's not grateful at all. Not one bit."