Chapter 16: Under supervision

Even though yesterday was crazy, I think I'm much better this morning

Of course I was shocked, I had every right to be. But now I feel better. I have a clear head.

Clear head and a phone full of unread messages and missed calls.

Julie is going to kill me because I didn't write her back.

Eddie is going to kill me because I didn't let him know I wasn't coming to work.

And Mason is going to kill me because I left him alone with the crowds.

I probably shouldn't joke about death. It's not appropriate.

"Morning Sleeping Beauty." I found Acker in the kitchen with a bowl of milk and cereal.

"Still here huh?" I went to the fridge and took out the milk. I took the bowl and sat down at the table.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked if he was really interested.

"Maybe when you leave." I smiled.

"Oh yes, you're definitely back." He laughed. "You probably don't care, but Theo arrived safely in New York."

"What a disappointment." I reached for the cereal box and poured it into the milk.

"I'm sorry, but did you put your cereal in cold milk just now or am I high?" He frowned at my bowl.

"Oh God." I rolled my eyes at his comment.

"Monster." He said quietly.

"Jackass." I snorted and started eating.

"So where are we headed today?" He asked after a moment.

"I'm off to work and you can be glad I'm letting you sleep here. So why don't we just avoid each other? It'll be good for both of us."

"Funny, Mimi." He smiled. "But I won't let you out of my sight."

"Oh how nice, you could just say you like me, Acker." I winked at him. "Even though it's obvious."

"I'll make your life hell." He said with a huge smile.

"Just be careful it's not the other way around."

*****

He meant it. That asshole actually meant it.

He followed me to work like a lost puppy. He sat down at the bar and ordered a glass of water. Water!

I can't believe I'm going to have to deal with this for days. I'm waiting for him to just stand up and leave me the fuck alone but it doesn't look like thats the case.

Before I started work, I went to see Eddie and explained to him what happened yesterday.

Well I didn't tell him what happened exactly.