Chapter 7: A favor

I've never been the type of person to get up before seven in the morning

But when I have a reason, I get up without a problem. And right now? I prepared to mix a smoothie while Acker lies just a few meters away, sound asleep.

I will enjoy this so much.

I turned the blender on medium speed and looked at the couch with a satisfied expression.

Acker jumped up in a sitting position as if he had been stung by a wasp in his ass and began to look around in confusion. "What the hell?" He stopped looking at me.

"Fucking hell." He rolled his eyes and lay back down with a heavy exhale.

I held back my laughter as I poured my smoothie into a glass and headed to my room.

"You just started a war." I heard Acker whisper as I walked past him.

I bit my lip at his words so I wouldn't burst out laughing and shut myself in the room.

Maybe it won't be the worst thing to have him here. At least I have a punching bag to take out all my anger on.

*****

"Acker!" I was banging on the bathroom door for the tenth time. "You've been there for half an hour."

Maybe it wasn't the best idea to provoke him. If it'll be like this every day, we'll kill each other. And especially when Theo is not here.

He decided that he would cook dinner today, so he went to the store and left us alone.

I was incredibly stupid when I told him I had the day off. I shouldn't have done that.

It would have been fine if it was just me and Theo having dinner, but he invited Acker too, who happily accepted.

"I swear if you don't open this door..." I didn't have time to finish. I heard the doorbell and went to the front door with a heavy exhale.

I opened them and felt a pleasant sensation near my heart as my eyes fell on Julie. "I did something." She looked at me desperately. "But I brought coffee." She raised a coffee cup.

"That won't be necessary. She already had a smoothie, didn't you, Mimi." I heard Acker behind me.

When the hell did he get out of the shower?

"But I'll happily take it." I heard footsteps and felt his body next to me as he reached for the cup.

But what I didn't expect was that I felt his naked skin, still slightly wet.

Julie's eyes almost fell out, and when I looked at Acker, I knew why.

The idiot is only wearing a towel. A towel that looks like it's going to fall off at any moment.

I wish I could stop looking at his tattoos, but I can't. It's really precise work. Ray, my tattoo artist, would be fuming if he knew I even thought such a thing.