Chapter 8: A date

"You change one more time and we're not going anywhere

"You change one more time and we're not going anywhere." I said sternly looking at my phone while Julie tried every single thing in my closet. "You looked good in what you came here. I said yes to the red dress, the green blouse and skirt, and the purple dress." I looked up at her. "You look good in everything!"

"I know, but..." She looked at the pile of things on my bed. "They don't fit me the way they do you."

"Then you're blind." I put my phone down and stood up. I went to the closet and looked at what was left in it. "I've never worn this in my life, but it will suit you." I handed her a black skirt that had laces on the front and went back to the closet.

I grabbed one black top and a cream sweater. I added both to the skirt that Julie was already wearing.

"It looks better with this one. And more comfortable." I threw the t-shirt on the bed and handed her the sweater, which she immediately put on. "It's too long, so wear it like this." I went to her and fixed her. "Perfect, don't you think?" I stepped aside so she could see herself in the mirror on the closet door.

"Do you think he'll like it?" She bit her lip nervously.

"His loss," I grabbed her shoulders, "my gain." I winked at her in the mirror and we both laughed. "You might as well put on my favorite shoes. They'll suit you."

"Are you serious?" She turned on me at the speed of light. "Your favorite shoes."

"That's what I said, didn't I?" I smiled.

"Oh my god I love you!" She jumped on me and hugged me.

"Yeah, yeah." I laughed. "We're already late. We better get moving or your prince on a white horse will leave and you'll hate yourself for the rest of your life."

"You're right. But wait, you're not going in this, are you?" Her gaze fell on my outfit.

"Do you have a problem with my favorite shirt?" ACDC is written in red across the center and is long enough to be considered a dress.

"No, of course not, but..." She looked at me again.

"Ugh, okay." I rolled my eyes and walked over to the closet. I chose the first black leather skirt I could get my hands on and a black top.

I changed quickly and fixed my hair with only my hands.

"Satisfied?" I pointed to myself.

"Let's go." She smiled and walked out of the room.

My gaze fell on the pile of clothes on the bed. At night, when I get back, I won't want to clean it, I can tell you that already.

I grabbed the clothes in my hands and threw them on the ground. I'll clean it up tomorrow. Or sometimes on the weekend.

I took my cell phone and with it in my hand I headed for Julie. I closed the door to my room and found her at the front door, putting on her shoes. Well mine.