Chapter 42: The things we do for love

The first thing I felt was an excruciating pain in my shoulder

The first thing I felt was an excruciating pain in my shoulder. I couldn't move it.

But the worse thing is that I couldn't even move my hands because they were tied behind my back.

I tried to open my eyes and then I felt the headache. And also the dried blood on my forehead.

I slowly looked up from the ground and noticed where I was.

How the hell did I get into a building? And for what reason am I tied to a chair?

I groaned in pain as I tried to move. Really big mistake, won't do it again.

I tried to keep my eyes open, but it's harder than it looks. It's possible I have a concussion.

It's not the most pleasant thing I've ever experienced.

"Hello!" I tried to scream. "Help!" But loud noises were not the best for my head.

I looked around. It is some old building. Obviously abandoned. Broken glass is lying on the ground and only the frames of the windows remain. That explains the fucking winter.

"You're awake." I heard behind me and regretted trying to turn around. Fuck this dislocated shoulder. "You've been out for a really long time." His voice was a bit closer and it didn't take long for him to cross into my view.

"Mason." I almost whispered.

"You know, Eddie fired me. You didn't have anything to do with that, did you?" For some reason, his look was insane.

"Mason, please, my arm..."

“You hurt me Maya." He cut me off.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Isn't it clear? Maya, I love you." He came closer to me and if I could, I would step back. But I could only turn my face away from him. “I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

"Scare me? Mason, you broke into my apartment, threatened me, and currently kidnapped me." Maybe I shouldn't scream at him, but I'll blame it on a concussion.

"You have to understand me, Maya. I tried so hard to get you to notice me, but you never saw me."

"So you started stalking me?" I shook my head. He's crazy.

"I wanted to be close to you."

"No. You need help. You're not okay."

"Exactly." He smiled. "I'm not, and that's because of you. You're making me go crazy." He knelt before me.

“Please let me go, Mason."

"I can't, can't you see?" He said in an all too calm voice. "I love you. No one else deserves you. I'm the one for you."

“Mason, you need help." I saw the sudden change in his look. He is getting irritated with me.

"It's about your apartment, isn't it. I'm sorry for what I did. I was so angry that you were living with that guy. But I suffered for it." He nodded. “I hit my face against the wall when I realized what I had done."