Chapter 23: Suit

"Hello, doll

"Hello, doll." I smiled at Julie as I opened the door for her. "I didn't know you were coming today." I moved out of her way to let her in.

"I stopped by on the way home." She walked past me with a bag in her hand. "I wanted to bring Maya a present."

"Why?" I closed the door behind her.

"I saw it in the window." She held up the bag. "I thought she would like it."

"You bought her something just like that?" I frowned.

"What kind of friends do you have?" She laughed. "Yes, I just bought her a present because I thought she'd like it. Is she in her room?" She nodded her head to the room.

"Not anymore." I said as the door started to open and Maya walked out.

"I didn't know you were coming today." She walked over to us and hugged Julie. "What's up?"

"I just stopped by the way and brought you this." She reached out to her with a bag and a smile on her face.

"What is it?" Maya took the white bag in her hand and looked inside. Her smile fell immediately. "Julie, you did not." She looked up at her.

"I was thinking maybe you could wear it to the wedding."

"Wedding?" I frowned. "What wedding?" Maya didn't even look at me, she just looked at Julie in disbelief.

Am I missing something here? What are they talking about?

"Julie, I was joking about going there. I was drunk."

"What wedding?" I asked again but got no answer. Am I invisible?

"I bought you an outfit, so too bad. You're going to go there and show him what kind of woman you've become. And all that without him." She raised her head proudly.

"Julie I..." She looked at the bag again.

"I'm sorry to disturb you two, but what wedding?" I raised my voice and they both looked at me. So I'm not invisible, that's good.

"Maya's father is getting married again," Julie answered me.

"David?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Dave, and yes." She corrected me.

"When did you want to tell me about it?"

"Sorry?" She snorted. "Why should I? Plus, I wasn't planning on actually going there." She looked at Julie. "I hope you bought one for yourself to go with my dress, because there's not the slightest chance I'll be going there alone."

"Unfortunately, I already have something, so..." Julie, with her hands clasped in front of her, turned to me with a smile. "Do you have a suit?"

"What?" Maya and I said at once.

Julie laughed. "We'll get you something don't worry." She patted my shoulder.

"No." I laughed. "I'm not going to a wedding. I don't like weddings." I shook my head.