Chapter 22: Period

I'm dying

I'm dying.

In the morning it was because of the hangover from yesterday, which I kind of deserved for all the shit I said.

But in the evening I did not deserve period cramps. I just wanted to sleep. Am I asking for too much?

I hate when I'm on my period. In addition to multiplying my every emotion, the first few days I barely sleep because of the pain.

I went to the doctor about it, which only ended with him changing my pills, which didn't help one shit, so thank you to all the health care for absolutely nothing. Enjoy every fucking penny you have from me.

I was lucky that I didn't have to go to work today. I don't know how to call Eddie since I still don't have my cell phone.

I put on what looked like a corset around my lower abdomen and turned it up to the highest setting, causing me to have milder cramps due to the heat it gave off.

Thanks to whoever invented this device. I wouldn't have survived without it.

I usually have it on all night and sometimes I'm even lucky enough to get at least a few hours of sleep.

But I would have to sleep on the couch and not in my own bed. I don't know why, but I like to sleep on the couch during this time. But with Acker currently sleeping on it, that possibility flew out the window.

I rolled from side to side for several hours before I realized it was useless, so I turned on the TV and hoped it would tire me out.

I fell asleep just before the sun started to rise. My eyelids were so heavy that I didn't even notice the pain in my stomach anymore.

But what I noticed was the pounding on my door only a few hours after I fell asleep.

I will kill whoever is behind that door. Except for Julie, of course.

I got out of bed and immediately grabbed my stomach when I felt a cramp. I also wasn't thrilled when I stood up after so many hours and felt that uncomfortable feeling when gravity does its job and I feel like I'm going to bleed out at any moment.

Yes, I know it's not that drastic, but try saying that to a woman on her period and you can just say goodbye to life.

I grabbed the handle and opened the door.

"Are you still in bed?" Acker frowned as he looked me over.

I don't even want to imagine what I look like. My hair is definitely going all over the place and my shirt is wrinkled on every side. It's even possible that I have a pillow print on my face.

"No, this is how I look normal," I said tiredly. "What you want?"

"I just got a call from the station. They said you can pick up your phone, they don't need it anymore. But since they didn't find anything, it was useless."