•𝒴ℴ𝓊 𝓈𝒶𝓋ℯ𝒹 𝓂𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝒻ℯ•

I borrowed Jenna's car and was on my way to Georgia. On the way, I got a phone call from Stefan. And yeah, he wasn't really pleased about me not telling him I had decided to go and also that I was all alone.

"Stefan, no. I'm fine. I got this," I replied, when he said he would follow me. However, that wasn't exactly the answer he wanted to hear. Nevertheless, I didn't care. I knew he was worried about Elena too, but there wasn't enough time. When El had called me, he had been still with Bonnie. And looking for him would have taken some time and I had not wanted to waste any of it. 

I managed to get to Georgia at eleven pm. It had been a long journey, but I made it. I parked in front of the bar and walked in.

"Yeah, that's what I would like to know too," I said, when I heard the bartender asking Damon about "his girl". "Where's Elena, Damon?"

"Jen, what are you doing here?" he looked at me in shock. He surely hadn't expected me to come.

"What would you say? Now, where the hell is my sister?" I asked angrily, leaning on a bar counter. He looked around the bar. "Hmm, she was right back there," he focused on one spot, then got up and went outside. I ran right behind him. We found Elena's phone laying on the ground in front of the door. How could I not have noticed? Damon picked it up and we went to search somewhere behind the bar. There was literally nothing. I was worried the worst had happened.

"Damon, no!" I turned in the direction from where Elena's voice came from. In that moment, Damon ended up on the ground squalling in pain, because some other vampire was beating him with an iron stick.

"G! We have to do something," Elena ran to me, freaked out. I gave her a look, which should have asked her if she was serious, "Why? I mean, he practically kidnapped you!"

"No, Jo, he did not. I mean, I just - we can't just – " I raised my eyebrows. She stopped talking and turned back to the scene in front of us. The vampire was pouring gasoline on Damon. He probably wanted to set him on fire. I was thinking if I should try to stop him, but I didn't want to do it right away. Damon deserved it.

"Who are you?" Damon asked.

"It's perfect," the vampire snapped, "you have no idea." That was the moment El stepped in, "What are you talking about? What did he do?" The vampire turned to us, "He killed my girlfriend." Right, what else could have Damon done than kill someone. That was typical.

"What did she do to you, huh? What did she do to you?!" the vampire shouted at him and poured on him more gasoline. I just watched in awe, while Elena was in a saving mood.

"Nothing," Damon whispered, answering the question.

"I don't understand," Elena said.

"My girlfriend went to visit Stefan and Damon killed her, got it?" the vampire replied aggressively. Wait, did he say that his girlfriend had visited Stefan? I had thought for a moment before I realized it. Lexi. That man was Lexi's boyfriend. But from what I knew from Elena, who knew about him from Lexi, he was supposed to be a human.

Damon tried to sit up, but Lexi's boyfriend kicked him into face forcing him to lay back on the ground. Even when I realized who he was, I didn't do anything. Damon deserved it. Damon deserved to die. He had killed so many people, abused Caroline and kidnapped Elena.
The man kicked Damon again and pulled out a match box. I gasped, unsure what I was supposed to do. I knew Damon deserved it, but I probably couldn't watch him burn. I didn't want to hear his scream. I couldn't do it. I couldn't do it to Stefan. They might have been arguing, but they had just each other. I couldn't take Damon away from Stefan. I had to save Damon. For Stefan.