•ℳ𝒾𝓈𝓈 ℳ𝓎𝓈𝓉𝒾𝒸 ℱ𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓈•

"Honor your partner." I smiled at my partner and honored him just like Carol Lockwood said. It was the first step in the dance, which the competitors were going to dance at the Miss Mystic Falls with their partners.
      My partner was James. He was actually so excited to be my escort. He was probably looking forward to this day from the moment I had signed up for it. And I was so glad, because otherwise, I would probably have to ask Tyler for real. I knew I had given him some signal that maybe we could be together again. But it just wasn't happening. Sleeping with him had been just my weak moment. I had been upset with Damon, drunk and unable to control my remaining feelings for him.

"Let's focus," she continued. "Right hand around." I grinned at James, raised my hand and aimed my palm opposite to his. "Flirt with your eyes," Carol Lockwood told us the next step. We walked around an imaginary circle between us. James and I couldn't stop making fun from it. We kept frowning and grinning at each other.
      In another step we changed our hands like Mrs. Lockwood said and went around the same imaginary circle.

"Both hands." I heard Carol Lockwood say.

"This is ridiculous," I said with a laugh.

"Really? Because it seems like you're enjoying it," James smiled at me.

"I am. Just this dance is ridiculous," I laughed. James smirked at me and gave me his goofy look. I knew he was going to do something. Something he shouldn't do. I gave him a questionable look and laughed again, when he caught my hand and twirled me around.

"Oh no, no, no, no. There is no touching during this part. It's about the simple intimacy
of a near touch," Mrs. Lockwood came to us and looked at me harshly. She was for sure mad that I hadn't asked Ty to escort me.

"I guess we broke the rule, huh? No touching," James grinned at me once more.

---------☀️---------

I went to open the door to Alaric. "Hey!"

"Hi."

"I heard you're driving."

"Yeah, I am. Let me get that for you," he took the dress from me.

"Thanks."

"Yeah. How... How is Stefan?" he asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You know, he seems on edge."

"He went through a lot. He was in a bad shape for a while, but he's getting back to normal now," I explained. As I had promised Stefan, I didn't tell Elena anything he had told me. Though since then, he had gotten a lot better.

"Alaric!" John entered. "Hey buddy! What are you doing here?" And that was time for me to disappear. I went to tell Elena we're leaving. She grabbed her dress and together we headed back to the front door.

"Are we ready?" Elena asked Jenna, who was already waiting. She nodded and turned to John, "Jeremy can ride with you." He probably thought he was driving. Sucked for him.

"Stop moving!" I reprimanded Elena. I was doing her make-up and almost stuck her eye out, because she couldn't sit still.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry," she apologized and aunt Jenna laughed, while she was curling Elena's hair.

"Fine, laugh at it. But when I stuck her eye out trying to make her a gorgeous eye line, it won't be so funny," I said sternly. "Okay, It's done. You look gorgeous!" I smiled at her.
      I already had my make-up on. I had made it myself and I looked really good.