•ℐ 𝒻ℯℯ𝓁 𝓎ℴ𝓊•

I hid behind the bush there and observed them approach Mason. I couldn't hear what was Damon saying to him, but it wasn't a friendly conversation for sure. Then suddenly Mason ran aside and I heard a gunshot. I turned in the direction where it had come from. It was Caroline's mom. Both, Stefan and Damon got hit by at least five wooden bullets.

"No!" I yelled and ran to Damon's side. He and Stefan were both unconscious. I shook with him a few times, "Wake up, Damon, wake up!" No response.

"Georgie, what are you doing here?" Sheriff Forbes asked me and one of the deputies took me by my arm and stood me up.

"You can't do this, you can't just kill them!" I was freaking out. I was so worried about them. My mind tried to doubt my worries and feelings about Damon again for a split of a second. However, my heart easily beated those doubts.

"They're vampires, Georgie," Caroline's mom said, pulled out some injections out of her pocket and went to Stefan. "It's my duty to dispose of them, to rid the town of them, to protect our home." She injected them with something I supposed was vervain.

"What are you doing?" I asked her.

"Vervain," she informed me simply and nodded to the deputy. He handed me over to her and took Stefan over his shoulder. The other deputy took Damon.
I didn't fight when we followed Mason Lockwood to some crypt or whatever. I knew it was useless. They didn't want to let me go. Why would they? The sheriff thought I was distracted and upset. They didn't need the whole town to know about vampires. Like someone would believe me. They would most likely think I've gone crazy.

"What is this place?" Sheriff asked when we got there.

"Old slave quarters. From the original Lockwood house," Mason answered and went right behind the deputies down the stairs to the underground. It looked like some dungeon there. We walked through the iron gate and there the deputies threw unconscious Stefan and Damon on the cold ground.

"Thank you, Mason, I appreciate all you've done. We got it from here," Sheriff Forbes thanked Mason and took a refilled gun with wooden bullets from one of the deputies.

"Hey, you're gonna kill them, right?" Mason asked Sheriff whispering and hoping I wouldn't hear it, but I did.

"You can't do this, please," I begged.

"Georgie, I've already explained the situation to you. Now you will leave with Mason and he will take you back at picnic. Can you, Mason? I would really appreciate that," Sheriff asked Mason. He wasn't really pleased about it, but agreed. He grabbed my hand and led me out. I was struggling with him, but couldn't get from his tight grip on my arm. I had to figure out some plan.

"Can you just loose your grip, it hurts!" I complained.

"Yeah, and you will run. No, thanks," he replied and tightened his grip.
I gathered all my strength, picked up his hand to my mouth and bit him. He growled from pain and let go of me. I didn't hesitate any second and ran. I heard my feet landing hard on the ground during the run. The twigs underneath them were crackling and leaves were rustling. I was breathing heavily, my heart was beating like it had been every time we had used to play chase as kids.
I was feeling Mason getting closer to me and when I heard a loud bash, I stopped and turned around.

"El, Care?" I sighed from relieve. Care took Mason down so easily. Well, she was a vampire.

"Yes, you're welcome by the way. Now come, we have to go. No time for chitchats," Caroline informed and I led them where Damon and Stefan were.

"No, I can't. My mom is gonna find out about me," Caroline stopped me and Elena when we were ready to go down there. She was scared. And she was rightfully scared. Her mom was a sheriff and a vampire hunter.