•𝒻𝒾𝓇ℯ𝓌ℴ𝓇𝓀𝓈•

"This dress hurts," Elena complained, while Jenna was tightening her the corset.

"Tell me about it," I growled. We were getting ready for the Founders' day parade.

"Suck it in, girls," Jenna told us.

I had a blue dress from the 19th century on with a circle petticoat and corset under it of course. Around the neckline of the dress were a few rows of white ruffles. Sleeves were short, with white ruffles at the end either. My hair was made from two fish braids on the sides of my head and on the tulle were conjunct into a bun with little blue flowers pinned at it. Along my face shape and from a bun were a few loose strings of my hair.
      The only problem was I needed an escort. I thought of Tyler. It was the only option. Because I certainly didn't want Damon there with me. At least according to my brain. My heart had a different opinion. And I doubted he would agree anyway.
      So in the end I managed to convince Tyler. Surprisingly, he seemed to be okay with it. He should have been part of the float which he had created with the other boys including Jeremy, and which was representing the battle of Willow Creek. Despite that, he agreed to join me. For what I was really grateful.

---------☀️---------

"Do you see him?" Elena asked me, while we were pushing our way through the crowd of people and looking for Stefan.

"No," I informed, looking around. We continued searching and then I finally spotted him standing not far away with Damon.

"There they are," I poked Elena in her arm to get her attention and pointed to Stefan and Damon. We both smiled at Stefan and made a curtsy. Then I trailed with my eyes to Damon. His blue eyes were penetrating into my soul. Elena took a step forward ready to go to them. I stopped her, "I will see you on the float. I need to find Tyler." I said and walked away to look for him. I really needed to find him, but I also wasn't in a mood to talk to Damon. I was still too afraid of my feelings.

3rd person

Damon spotted Stefan scanning the crowd. He was looking for Elena.

"Look at you, all retro," he mocked.

"What are you doing here?" Stefan asked.

"Why wouldn't I be here?" Damon asked. "Bonnie deactivated the Gilbert invention. Isobel's gone. And... it's Founders' day," he answered to Stefan, smiled and tapped him on a shoulder. "I'm here to eat cotton candy and steal your girls," he smirked.

"My girls?" Stefan asked uninterested and annoyed. He knew what Damon was trying to achieve.

"Yeah," Damon confirmed. "Don't say you don't feel anything for Georgie too. I know you do. She's Elena's twin after all and they both look like Katherine. Well... Georgie a little bit more, due to the hair and sometimes her personality, but still."

"Don't start with me, Damon," Stefan warned him.

"You started it, Stefan," Damon was sure about his thoughts. "With that whole "I'm insecure, leave Elena and Georgie alone" speech. I'm just enjoying that."

"As long as you heard it," Stefan replied simply.

"Mhmm," Damon put his hand to his ear and leaned closer to Stefan, who just laughed quietly.

"You have no sense of humor, Stefan," Damon accused him.

"Actually, I just have no sense of Damon humor," Stefan replied and attempted to walk away, but Damon caught up with him. "Damon humor? Hey, look, I get it. I get it. I'm the better, hotter, superior choice and you're scared, now, when Katherine is out of the picture that I'm gonna turn all my attention to Georgie or Elena. But don't worry. They're not Katherine. As much as they look like her. They will never be her."