•𝒦𝒾𝒹𝓃𝒶𝓅𝓅ℯ𝒹•

There was this masquerade party at Lockwood's, which we had helped to prepare, but we didn't go. Elena wanted to stay home. I stayed with her, Jenna and Alaric. Jeremy and James weren't home. Both of them had sneaked out somehow. I didn't know where Jeremy had gone to, but surely not to that masquerade ball. He had never been keen on those things.

"I feel like an invalid," Jenna said lying on the couch, while Elena was putting pieces of pizza on plates.

"Because you are an invalid," I came down from my room, headed to them and leaned on the couch above Jenna. I had tried to reach James. However, he hadn't answered. Since he had found out about vampires existence he was so immersed in it and it was almost like if nothing else existed.
      He had not even been surprised when I had told him about the kiss with Damon. Well, he had acted like if he had known long before I had told him. Had Damon told him? There wasn't a possibility they would have become such good friends, was there?

"Where's Jeremy? Isn't he hungry?" Elena looked at me and I just shook my head.

"He already left for the Lockwood party," Jenna responded. Elena and I exchanged suspicious looks. I had to admit it was weird. But maybe he finally decided to participate.

"He went to that?" Elena asked.

"I'm glad," Jenna replied and stroked her belly, "he needs to have more fun. Lose some of that emo thing."

"I'm gonna get some napkins," Elena got up and led me under the stairs. "You know what is going on?"

"No," I frowned. What should be going on? Did she mean that they left us out again?

"I mean, yeah, it is strange that Jeremy has gone there, but that's nothing bad." I continued and hoped I was right.

"Don't you think it's weird?"

"Well yeah, but..." I sighed, "listen, El, don't be so paranoid, okay? Just relax. He probably just wanted to have fun for once." I patted her shoulder. I suspected I had said that just because I wanted to calm myself and not Elena.

"Fine, but it's still weird."

I came out of the bathroom and went to look at El into her room. She wasn't there even though she had said she was going to sleep.

"Where's Elena?" I jogged down the stairs into the living room.

"She went to bed," Jenna responded simply.

"She's not there," I said and then realized where she had gone. I thought about it. Elena was right. And neither her or me were paranoid. We hadn't heard from anyone the whole day and then Jeremy goes on a party. There was really something going on. I had just not wanted to accept that.

I fooled Jenna and Ric by telling them I had probably not looked into the bathroom and she would be there. Surprisingly, Alaric didn't suspect anything so I sneaked out and headed to the Lockwood mansion.
      Approximately in the middle of my way,
I felt a sharp pain in my back. I fell on my knees and squealed. What the hell was going on?

3rd person

Caroline had managed to fool Katherine and she was stuck in the room with Stefan and Damon, who were planning on killing her.

"You don't really think that you can kill me with that now, do you?" Katherine asked Stefan and approached him confidently. Stefan replied not any less confidently, "No." Damon walked out from the bathroom behind Katherine and aimed a weapon filled with wooden stakes at her. "But he can," Stefan nodded at his brother. Damon pulled the trigger and the stake pierced into Katherine's back.
Katherine bent forward reaching to her back with her hand. Before she managed to pull herself up together, Stefan had run to her and stabbed another stake into her shoulder.