•𝒯𝒽ℯ 𝒹ℯ𝒶𝓁•

"Now that you've got this back, what are you gonna do with it?" Elena examined the moonstone in her hands.

"Right now it's what binding the sun and the moon curse. If I can figure out a way to remove the spell from the stone, then the stone becomes useless," Bonnie explained, sitting calmly on my bed.

"And according to Katherine, Klaus becomes vengeful," I confronted her.

"Maybe, if he finds out."

"Bonnie, can't this wait?! Stefan is stuck in the tomb with Katherine. We've gotta get him out," I tried to reason with her. While Elena had been on a suicide mission and I had been with Caroline, they had tried to retrieve the moonstone from Katherine. However, it hadn't gone as planned. Jeremy had wanted to be useful and dared to take on Katherine alone. And Katherine had of course used that opportunity. Which had led to Stefan intervening and getting stuck there with her. Though maybe neither of it would have happened, if Elena hadn't gone to a suicide mission and Damon and I hadn't had to save her. I didn't want to and I knew it was harsh from me, but I blamed my siblings. Whatever they had wanted to achieve, it had been a mistake.

I noticed Elena giving me a suspicious look. If she expected me to not be worried about Stefan, then she was wrong. He was my friend and I cared about him.

"Stefan wants me to focus on this," she pointed to the moonstone in Elena's hands.

"Well, don't listen to him. He thinks that he's protecting us, but he's wrong," Elena joined me.

"I'm taking Stefan's side with this one," Bonnie stated. "We're not gonna let you get used in some creepy sacrifice ritual." I wanted to object something when the door opened and Jeremy walked inside my room, "What are you guys arguing about?"

"We're not arguing about anything," Bonnie replied. She hid the moonstone into her bag and got up, "I need a coffee." She left the room and Elena sat down, while I paced around nervously. When also Jeremy left after expressing his disagreement with our actions and positioning himself to Bonnie's side, Elena reached for Bonnie's bag and pulled out the moonstone.

"What are you doing?" I gave her a questioning look.

"Come on," she grabbed my hand and led me down the stairs. We stopped in the middle, where we came across Bonnie. "Where are you going?" she asked with a cup of coffee in her hands.

"To see Stefan," Elena replied. What was she planning? Did she planned another suicide mission?

"You're lying," Bonnie knew.

"No, I'm not," Elena said descending few more steps, but Bonnie stepped her in the way. "Really? Tell your face."

"Are you serious?"

"They took the moonstone," Jeremy walked out of his room holding Bonnie's bag.

"How did you -?"

"We tested you," Bonnie admitted. "You failed." Elena laughed desperately, "Klaus killed Katherine's entire family just because she crossed him. We can't let that happen." Bonnie stepped aside and let us go. It was weird. So sudden change of opinion. I didn't like it. I let Elena go and stood under the staircase. I watched her open the door and trying to come through, but an invisible barrier stopped her. Right, Bonnie trapped us inside.

---------☀️---------

"You should really lock your door," Damon entered the living room, where me and Elena were sitting on the couch. "Oh, come on, pouty," he looked at me.

"Are you really going to pretend like nothing happened?" I asked him arrogantly.

"Because nothing happened, darling," he answered, calling me darling, with what he wanted to piss me off. How could he act like my friend after what he had done?