•𝒫ℯ𝓇𝓀𝓈 ℴ𝒻 𝒷ℯ𝒾𝓃ℊ 𝒶 𝓋𝒶𝓂𝓅𝒾𝓇ℯ•

"Did it work?" I asked when Bonnie spelled the ring. It was silver with a blue diamond in a square shape. On the right and the left side of it were two other small white ones. It was beautiful.

"Well, there's just one way to find out," Caroline said and opened the curtains. I pulled my knees to my chest as much as was possible and covered my face, scared of the pain, which was about to come. Not that I wouldn't trust Bonnie, but, yeah, it wasn't a comfortable feeling.
I slowly uncovered my eyes and looked at the ring on my finger. It was working. I could go out on a sun without burning to ash.

---------☀️---------

Me, Damon and Elena were sitting by the bar in the Grill. I was surprised with my ability of control. Before we went there, I had drunk one blood bag and the urge to feed on someone was smaller.

"Okay, concentrate. Try to hear them," Damon said, sipping from his glass of bourbon. I wanted alcohol too, but the bartender didn't want to pour me some, so I compelled him. I didn't expect it to work, but it did, which impressed Damon. Elena wasn't really fan of it until I ordered her drink too.

"It's inappropriate, you know. To listen others conversations," I announced him, because clearly he wasn't aware of it.

"Well, they don't know, do they? So it won't hurt them," he smirked at me. I raised eyebrows at him and look at the two girls at the other side of the Grill on the left side from us.
They could be around fifteen years old. I turned back at Damon and he nodded at me with a smile. I sighed and closed my eyes trying to hear them. I heard something. Well, something, I heard a lot. Just not the two girls. It all mixed into a one sound, full of different conversation from which I didn't comprehend anything.

"I can't," I said to him irritatedly.

"Try it again," he said and I sighed again, but more frustratedly. I was trying so long now and it still wasn't working. I closed my eyes again and concentrated. This time I caught some conversation and I could hear it clearly. I opened my eyes sparkling with joy and looked at Elena first and then at Damon. It was amazing. I still thought it was inappropriate, but in that moment I was filled with amazement.

"What did you hear?" Elena asked.

"Well, I don't think I heard these two girls there, but I certainly heard someone talking about weather," I answered with a grin.

"It was surely interesting," Elena laughed.

"Tomorrow is supposed to rain. We should take an umbrella when we go to Bonnie. Okay, next," I laughed excitedly and concentrated again. This time, I kept my eyes open and observed those two girls, who Damon wanted me to listen. I was searching for them and then I had it. I perked my ears and listened.

"What about that one," the first girl with short straight brown hair said, looking in our direction. I liked her style. She had something relatable to mine clothes and one of my favorite styles. She had red checkered flannel, under it a black crop top with kind of a deep neckline and the dark blue, loose jeans.

"I don't know," the other girl, who had long wavy purple hair and a piercing in her right nostril, replied. "One of these girls with him is surely his girlfriend." This girl had a really short, clamped black dress with a short sleeve. It looked good actually, but I wouldn't wear it.

"Sure as hell she is," I said out loud to myself, giggling and totally ignoring Damon's and Elena's confused faces.

"You can give it a shot. Max he will tell you that he has a girlfriend. Nothing worse can happen," the first girl encouraged her friend.

"You're right," the other girl said, got up and headed over to us. In a half of the way she turned back at her friend, who was showing her fists telling her she wishes her luck.

"Hey, I'm Ashley," the girl came to us and introduced herself to Damon, trying to ignore mine and Elena's presence. "Would you like to join me for a drink?" I looked her up and down with judging look in my eyes and positioned myself between her and Damon. "He has a girlfriend actually," I looked her up and down again, judging every inch of her. She smiled at me sweetly, "Really? I don't see any." That arrogant bitch. I wanted to jump at her and kill her. I wanted to feed on her and hear her scream. However, before I could really touch her, Damon had hurried in front of me and pushed me back, "Jen, Jen, calm down." I looked at him and then over his shoulder at the girl with hateful look. 

"I'm fine," I said calmly and got out of Damon's grip. He raised an eyebrow at me, not believing me at all. I gave him an irritable look and repeated that I was fine. He nodded at me and turned to the girl, who was obviously shocked by my behavior.

"Well," she said quietly, "I will, ahmm," she pointed behind her at her friend by one of the corner tables and walked away. Damon turned back at me and I smiled at him innocently, "Heightened emotions." Elena laughed and Damon smiled at me, "Sure."

---------☀️---------

"Wow. It's amazing," I exhaled with a smile. I vamp-sped behind Damon.

"Race?" I grinned at him and he smirked, "Prepare to lose."

"Ha, never," I mocked and sped away before Damon could react. I got into the center of the town and stopped, looking around for him.

"What took you so long?" I turned around and saw him leaning against the lamp nearby.

"You're cheating," I accused him and came closer to him laughing.

"Oh really?" he asked, offended.

"Yes," I confirmed. "And I'm hungry," I whined.

"Then let's find you someone to eat," he took my hand.

I found some woman around twenty years old. I vamp-sped in front of her, compelled her to be calm and not to scream and buried my fangs into her neck. I was drinking and then there was this voice again, which was telling me to stop. I didn't want to listen to it, but I had to control it. I was already full.

"It's enough, Jen," Damon said from behind me. I separated my fangs from the woman's neck and compelled her once more to forget that this happened.
      I had managed it. I had fed and stopped, when I was full. I hadn't killed her.

"Good job," Damon complimented me and I turned to him. He wiped down the rest of the blood on my lip with his thumb and brought it to his mouth.

Being a vampire wasn't that bad after all...

---------☀️---------

Autor's note: Hi guys, I'm sorry for not posting. I totally forgot. Hope you like this short chapter.

Zie