•𝒦𝒶𝓉𝒽ℯ𝓇𝒾𝓃ℯ•

3rd person

"What are you doing here?" Katherine asked Damon, while she was pretending to be Georgie. Damon closed the door of the Gilbert's house and turned to face her. He didn't know it was Katherine.

"I failed in feeble attempt to do the right thing," he replied.

"Which was?"

"It's not important. Let me take this for you," Damon grabbed Georgie's bag, which Katherine was holding, and placed it on the chair on the porch.

"Thank you," Katherine thanked him.

"You know," Damon started, "I came into this town wanting to destroy it. Tonight I found myself wanting to protect it. How's that happened?" Katherine took in a deep breath. "I'm not a hero, Georgie. I don't do good. It's not in me." Katherine looked at him curiously, "Maybe it is." Damon shook his head, "No, no, it's reserved for my brother and you and Elena and Bonnie. Even though she has a reason to hate me, she still helped Stefan save me."

"Why do you sound so surprised?"

"Because she did it for you," he answered right away. "Which means that somewhere along the way," he walked closer so that he was just a few inches away from Katherine, "you decided that I was worth saving. And I wanted to thank you for that."

"You're welcome," Katherine answered, enjoying the play. Damon leaned to her and kissed her cheek. He then slowly pulled away. His eyes were flickering between Katherine's and her lips. He slowly leaned to her again and kissed her. Katherine didn't hesitate and kissed him back. She was thrilled inside that she managed to fool him.
He pulled her closer to him with both of his hands on her cheeks. The little fire in his heart grew as he kissed "Georgie". He really did feel something for her. It was probably something more than just feelings. That love was there.
They would surely stand there much longer if Jenna didn't open the door. They both pulled away quickly and pretended like nothing happened.

"Hi," Katherine greeted her innocently.

"It's late," Jenna said, "you should probably come inside." Katherine took Georgie's stuff, while both Damon and Jenna were watching her, and walked past Jenna inside.
Jenna stepped aside so "Georgie" could get inside and immediately closed the door behind her. "What are you doing?"

"I don't wanna talk about it," Katherine replied and walked into the kitchen.

Damon stood on the porch, not really believing to what just happened. He touched his lips in awe.

3rd person

I came home later than I thought I would. I had been looking for my bag. Someone had taken it for sure.
I walked into the kitchen and screamed when I noticed Elena with a knife in her hand. "God, you scared me, El! What are you doing with that knife?" I looked at her horrified.

"Someone is here. They attacked John. They cut his fingers off and stabbed him," she looked at me as same horrified as I looked at her before.

"Did you call the ambulance?"

"Yes, I did," she fearfully looked around. "But what if this person is still here?"

"Well, the ambulance is already here, so I guess he ran off. Don't worry," I said when I heard car's door shut and carefully took the bloody knife from her hand. Why would someone try to kill John? I couldn't figure out any reasonable explanation. Unless if it was some vampire who hadn't burned in that building and wanted revenge.

Before I headed to hospital, I had to go check on Jeremy. Just if he was okay. Elena had already left with the ambulance and John.
      Well, Jeremy wasn't okay at all. He told me Anna had given him her blood and he had taken those pills. He had hoped to become a vampire. And I was worried he actually did, so I called Stefan.
      He came soon and I led him upstairs to Jeremy. I explained everything. "I mean he looks fine, but then again so do you, so I just - I don't know."