Hey there- Phoebe Atwell

Word count: 1241

You sat in your desk, tapping your pencil furiously as you waited for the class to end. Unfortunately for you, it had just started. School was seriously the worst part of your day, so it really fucking sucked that it was every day. But you learned to live with it. The problem was, nothing exciting ever happened, ever.

Until today.

There was a small knock on the classroom door before it swung open, the most jaw droppingly gorgeous girl walked in, followed by the principal and school mascot.

"Alright all you lions," the principal said cheerfully, you hated the fact that the mascot was the entire personality of the school. And if referring to the entire class as a bunch of animals wasnt bad enough, they also always wanted you to do the 'warm lion welcome' that consisted of putting your 'paws' in the air and roaring. "This is our new transfer student, Phoebe Atwell." She said, continuing to talk about this new girl.

You tuned out everything that she said, just staring at the brunette as she scanned the classroom. Her eyes locked with yours, her intimidating gaze putting a smirk on your face. Most of the class already decided that they didnt like her, you could tell from their mannerisms. But they also didnt like you, so maybe you and this girl could get along. As the two of you continued to look at each other, your principal spoke even louder.

"So, Phoebe, tell us three things about yourself!" She beamed, her voice even more high pitched than it had been previously. The girl broke eye contact with you to scan the room once more before speaking.

"Well," she began, her voice even smoother than you might have imagined, "I think snakes are the most misunderstood reptiles. My favorite movie vacillates between deliverance, or anything by Rob Reiner. And I'm late." She smiled, taking her glasses off and looking at you once more. Her eyes were a deep brown that caught you off guard.

"What are you talking about? You're right on time!" The principal said cheerily, her hands clasping in front of her.

"Oh no, principal Highbridge," the girl spoke again, a hint of mischief in her voice, "my period, I'm nine days late." You immediately burst out laughing, loving this girls confidence, and it definitely helped that she was highly attractive. She looked right at you, a smile tugging at her lips as she watched you laugh at her remark, everyone else in the class silent as mice.

***time skip***

The rest of the class had been quite interesting. After Phoebe finished introducing herself, she screamed at the top of her lungs, causing everyone in the class to whisper about how insane she was. But it was a quality you admired. She had sat right between you and Jimmy, and the two of you spent the whole class glancing at eachother.

Now you were sitting at lunch, alone, like always. It's not that you were weird or lonely or anything, you just didnt really enjoy other people's company and they knew to leave you alone. You began to eat the shitty school lunch when someone came up behind you, throwing their tray down next to yours.

"Hey there." She smirked, sitting down next to you, facing you as she leaned on her arm. "Y/n right?"

"Hi, uh yeah." you choked, wondering why she was sitting next to you. I mean of course you wanted her to, she was beautiful, and she wasnt some basic bitch who called you names. But still, you didnt know her. "So, how is your first day?" You asked awkwardly, trying to avoid eye contact for fear of blushing.

"If one more person gives me a 'warm lion welcome' I will become homicidal." She said blankly, making you giggle. She was right though, this school truly makes everyone want to kill someone else or themselves.

"Well, you're not the only one." You smiled, looking down at your tray of food to avoid seeming too awkward. You were definitely being stared at by quite a few people in the cafeteria, your anxiety burning within you, but you played it off.

"What's a pretty girl like yourself doing sitting all alone?" She asked suddenly, a large smile on her face. You looked right at her, her brown eyes looking straight at you as she playfully and subtly bit her bottom lip. You werent entirely sure how to answer, so you went with the smartass idea.

"You're bold." You said, looking closer at the girl as you spoke.

"I know," she whispered in a low tone, "but you didnt answer my question."

"Well I'm not alone," you scoffed, a playful tone in your voice. "I have you sitting next to me," you teased suddenly, matching her energy. She let out a small laugh, her smile growing.

"Oh so that's how we are going go play this game, huh?" She asked, her eyes sparking with an idea.

"I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about," you smirked, looking back down at your food if you were completely unfazed. I mean you were totally freaking out internally, a really pretty girl you just met this morning is shamelessly flirting with you.

"Oh, okay, play dumb, I see." She laughed, picking at the food on her tray as she teased you. "You'll give in eventually." She smiled.

"We will see about that," you smirked, pushing her leg with yours under the table. The bell suddenly rang, causing both of you to be pulled out of your conversation, your mind immediately filling with dread as you remembered you were at school. "Well, see ya Phoebe." You smirked, standing from the table. She stopped you, grabbing you by the arm and pulling you back down. She pulled out a pen from her pocket and began writing numbers on your arm.

"Its my phone number, use it." She said, standing up and leaving the table without another word, leaving you to go to your next class.

***time skip***

As soon as you sat down in your desk you pulled out your phone and set Phoebe as a contact, sending her a quick text.

You: hey Phoebe, its y/n.

You continued to stare at the screen as your teacher talked in the background, not caring about a word he said.

Phoebe: hey there pretty girl.

You blushed at the term, knowing that she was just being playful as she had been earlier.

You: any more warm lion welcomes?

Phoebe: thankfully no, but there is still time.

You giggled quietly, moving your eyes away from the screen, remembering that the girl threatened to become homicidal at the mere mention of the welcome. Then your phone went off again, pulling your attention back to it.

Phoebe: want to hang after school?

This question had caught you off guard. You had met her just this morning and now she already wanted to hang out with you. And it didnt help that she was gorgeous and made you really nervous. But I mean, what could it hurt?

You: uhm ofc! We can watch Deliverance.

Phoebe: you like Deliverance

You: I would be crazy not too

Phoebe: you just got even prettier somehow

You blushed down at your phone before stuffing it in your pocket and turning your eyes back up to the board. Later today is going to be fun...

What could go wrong?