Confession- Jenna Ortega

Word count: 1649

You stood in your kitchen with Mikey, laughing as she failed miserably at cutting a carrot. The scream cast was just having a little get together at your house before the release of scream five, and you decided to try and make some snacks.

"You are making this way harder than you have to!" You laughed, taking the knife away from Mikey and grabbing a carrot. You chopped it with ease and dropped all the peices into the bowl, handing the knife back to Mikey. She tried to chop a carrot again, and sent it flying across the room and over the counter, hitting Dylan in the face. "You would think as the killer, you would be better with a knife." You joked, taking it from her once more and finishing with the carrots.

"Okay, it's not my fault that the carrots are running away from me, it's their fault." She pouted as Dylan threw the vegetable back at her. You looked up at the rest of your cast mates, all of wich were sitting on the barstools at your countertop. Mason and Jasmine were sitting next to eachother, Dylan was next to them, and Jenna was next to him with two empty seats on the other side of her. As you looked at the small girl, she seemed lost in thought, playing with the rings on her fingers. She had a glare on her face as she looked at Mikey, her jaw clenching every so often.

"Okay y/n, do you agree that it would have been a great plot twist if Chad and Mindy had been twin killers?" Mason suddenly asked, taking your gaze away from Jenna. Before you could even think of a response, Jasmine was answering him.

"No dip shit, that is way too predictable." She said, using her hands to talk as she almost spilled her wine. "I mean come on, twin killers would have been everyone's first guess."

"Not mine!" He argued, trying to explain why it would have been an amazing idea. Mikey placed her hand on your back as she walked by you, letting you know that she was behind you so you didnt step back. Now normally this wouldnt have caught your attention, except for the fact that your heard Jenna scoff quietly. At first you though her reaction might have been to Mason and Jaz, thinking they were arguing over nothing. But you quickly realized that wasnt the case, because now the two of them were talking about their shared love for Neve Campbell.

"Okay guys, uh food is ready." You said reluctantly as you looked at Jenna. Her expression was filled with anger and a hint of annoyance, but you couldn't tell why, and you werent going to put her on the spot by asking in front of everyone.

"Oh hell yeah, food!" Mason said as he completely stopped listening to whatever Jaz was saying. Everyone got up from their seats, grabbing all of their drinks and some of the food as they made their way over to the living room, everyone but Jenna.

"Hey Jen, you okay?" You whispered softly, putting your arm around her as you spoke. She leaned into you, but her body was tense and she didnt seem like she always did.

"Yeah I'm good," she responded, standing up from her chair. She walked to the living room where everyone else was and curled up in the corner of the couch, clearly lying to you about whether or not she was okay. You grabbed the rest of the food and made your way over, setting it on the coffee table before sitting next to Jenna. Mikey flopped down on the other side of you and grabbed the remote for the TV.

"So guys, what do we want to watch?" Mikey asked, turning the TV on and flipping through stuff.

"Uhm how about we pick a genre first," Jaz suggested. The four of them started talking, but your only focus was on Jenna, her body language being drastically different than normal. Mikey put her hand on your leg to get your attention, and Jenna's demeanor changed again, your confusion growing.

"Y/n, will you break the tie? Me and Mason want to watch the original scream, but Dylan and Jaz think we should watch Midsommar." You turned your head to face the rest of the group.