Fight- Phoebe Atwell

Word count: 914 *just a short one!!*

"Dude come quick!" Your best friend Maisy yelled, rushing over to you at your lunch table. It was just a normal day at school, the only strange thing was that your girlfriend Phoebe wasn't eating lunch with you like she always did.

"What? What's going on?" You said calmly. Maisy had always paid attention to whatever drama was going on, so you knew this was probably something unimportant that you didn't care about. "Which two football boys are fighting this time?" You joked, continuing to eat the food in front of you.

"No dude I'm serious," she panted, "it's Phoebe." You immediately put down your food and put all your attention on her.

"Hm? What do you mean?" You asked quickly, the worried tone in your voice evident. She was about to speak when a boy nearby piped up, giving you your answer.

"Fight in the courtyard!" He yelled, getting everyone's attention. "Phoebe versus Jared!"

Shit.

You immediately began sprinting toward the courtyard, your legs pumping as you felt your heartbeat in your ears. Maisy was right behind you, and the two of you made it to the courtyard just in time to see Jared make the first swing, his fist connecting with your girl's jaw, a sharp crack sounding.

The anger flooded through your veins. You and Phoebe had always been protective of each other. The two of you had both lost so many people in your life, that once you found each other, there was no chance you were letting anything happen to that.

"Fuck you," Jared spat at her quickly, and you watched as blood began falling from her lip. You would have stepped in, but you knew that Maisy would stop you, and your being there would break Phoebe's concentration, so you just continued watching.

"I see how it is," she taunted, wiping her mouth before stepping toward him, "you're threatened by me." She smirked, and you knew she was right because of the look on Jared's face. "Good."

And with that Phoebe swung at him, landing her left fist right on his eye, her right fist immediately hitting him in the gut. You almost felt sorry for him as you watched her beat the shit out of him. During the entire fight he only successfully landed one or two punches, giving Phoebe a busted lip and eyebrow.

However, he had many more injuries, two black eyes, a broken nose, and possibly some bruised ribs. You smiled at your girlfriend's victory, and just as you began walking toward her to ask what the fight was even about, the principal showed up, campus security tagging along behind.

Phoebe had come from juvenile hall, so you knew that if she got suspended from school, they would put her right back there. So you wasted no time in grabbing her hand and running as fast as you could to your car.

"What the hell was that all about?" You asked as the two of you hopped into your car. She just looked at you and smiled widely, the cut on her lip starting to bleed again.

"He was talking about you, I just put him in his place." She said, turning on the radio and cranking the music. She knew that there was much more you had to say to her, so she made the music as loud as possible to avoid talking. Little did she know, she wasn't getting out of this conversation.

***time skip***

"Jesus Phoebe," you muttered, wiping the blood from her face with a wet washcloth, "how many times do I have to tell you? Dont ruin this pretty face." She smiled as you spoke, running her hand along your leg. The two of you were sitting on your bedroom floor as you attempted to clean her face without making her lip bleed again. "Now, are you going to tell me why you were fighting Jared?" You cooed.

"Fine." She mumbled, continuing to run her cold rings along your thigh. You knew this was her attempt to distract you from the conversation, but you wouldnt give in. "He was talking about you." She hissed.

"I know that baby, but what was he saying?" You asked, cupping her face to make her look at you as you spoke. It hurt you to see the bruise forming above her eye. Especially because she got into this fight because of you.

"He was betting with his friends that he could get you to fuck him." She admitted. You saw the anger in her eyes flicker as she spoke, and you knew he deserved every cut and bruise she gave him.

"Well then I'm glad I have you to beat the shit out of him," you smiled, placing a soft kiss on her lips. "However, you cant get suspended again." You said sternly, making sure she knew you were serious.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry." She sighed, looping her fingers in your belt loops, "it wont happen again."

"Oh, that's what you said last time!" You laughed, throwing the washcloth at her. She just  pulled on your jeans, causing you to fall onto her lap.

"This time, I promise." She said quietly, then she brought her lips down to yours and kissed you. It was slow and passionate as she pulled you close.

"You taste like blood." You whispered, a smile growing on your face. She just laughed loudly and pulled you close again. Kissing you with a smile on her face.