Paparazzi- Jenna Ortega

Word count: 1237

"Hey Jen, you ready to go?" You cooed, looking at your girlfriend. Her face was pale and her breath was shaky as she stepped toward the front door, a genuine look of fear in her eyes.

***flashback***

"Please come get me," Your girlfriend cried into the phone, the sound of yelling could be faintly heard.

"Baby, what's wrong? Where are you?" You asked quickly, grabbing your keys and getting ready to leave without another thought.

"The parking garage," she sobbed, your heart hurting at the way she cried.

"Wait, the one below our apartment?" You asked suddenly, wondering why she needed you to get her if she was so close.

"Yes, y/n please hurry." She cried, then she hung up. And it didn't matter if she was twenty feet away or twenty miles away, nothing was going to stop you from getting to her. You dropped your keys back down on the counter and immediately ran out of your apartment, skipping the elevator and heading straight for the stairs. 

You lived on the fourth floor of your apartment building, but it didn't matter, you knew the stairs would be faster than the elevator anyway. As soon as you flew down the last flight of stairs and pushed open the door to the parking garage, your heart sank.

You could see Jenna's car, absolutely swarmed by paparazzi, their cameras flashing a mile a minute, and their yelling loud enough that they didn't hear you open the large metal door from the building.

It took you less than ten seconds to realize what was going on. Jenna was trapped in the car while the paparazzi berated her and tried to open her car doors. Now normally, you could calmly deal with the press, and even some crazy fans who wanted to get near her, but this was different. You could see these people desperately pulling on the handle of her car door, and going as far as to pound on her windows in an attempt to break them.

"Hey!" You yelled loudly, hoping to get their attention. But despite the sound of your booming voice, they were still louder, and they were still trying desperately to break into your girlfriend's car."Hey!" You yelled again, this time louder, a few of them finally paying attention, "Back the fuck away from her car!"

Their eyes grew wide as they realized who you were, and they did back away from her car, but only so that they could then swarm you, trying desperately to now get your picture. But after seeing clear dents in Jenna's car, and even a few cracked windows, you knew that you weren't safe, and neither was she.

"Get the hell out of here or I'm calling the cops!" You yelled. You knew this was all being recorded by one of them, and that they would make you seem like an awful person if you threatened them in any way, but you didn't care, all you cared about was Jenna.

You pushed past the few people who had reached you first, not caring about the fact that they were trying to grab onto your shirt and hug you.

Paparazzi had always made you very uncomfortable, and it only got worse after you began dating Jenna. It seemed like after you came out of the closet and got into a gay relationship, all the male fans and paparazzi just began to sexualize you even more, some of them going as far as to come up to you and say 'You just haven't been with the right guy yet.' And it seemed like this is what was going on right now.

You finally reached Jenna's car and knocked on the window. She screamed at the loud noise and you immediately realized why. There were cracks all over her window, as well as what looked to be spit, disgusting.

"It's just me baby, it's me." You said, ignoring the shouts and grabs from the people around you.

"I don't want to get out." She said, her voice so muffled by the glass and the yelling that you could barely tell what she said. You could see the redness in her cheeks from crying and your heart practically broke at the sight of her.

You were thinking of a response to calm her down when your arm was suddenly grabbed hard enough to draw blood, some random guy pulling you toward him and trying to wrap you in a hug. 

"Get the fuck off me!" You hissed, immediately swinging at his face with your other arm in the hopes to fight him off. Luckily your fist struck his nose and he let go, clutching his face while he cried out in pain.

After that, you weren't going to wait any longer to get Jenna out of there. You motioned to her to unlock the car door, and she reluctantly did so, her hands visibly shaking as she moved. The second you heard the lock click you flung the door open, grabbing Jenna tightly in your arms and keeping your back to the swarm of assailants as you held her.

There was much more shouting and grabbing as you hurriedly carried the small brunette toward the elevator in the parking garage, the fear in her breathing telling you that the paparazzi hadn't given up and were still following. As soon as you reached the sliding metal doors of the elevator you pushed the button frantically, hoping that this interaction doesn't become worse than it already is.

The doors slid open with a small ding and you quickly rushed inside, setting the crying ball that was your girlfriend down on the floor and turning to block the doors as you pressed the door shut button. A few of the people chasing you had already caught up, and it took all of the strength you had left to keep them out of the elevator until the doors shut. As soon as they did you clicked the '4' button and hoped that none of them knew what floor you lived on.

It was the longest most nerve-wracking elevator ride of your life, the only things that could be heard were your heavy breathing, the soft hum of the elevator, and Jenna's sobs.

As soon as the doors slid open you didn't waste another second, Jenna was in your arms and you were rushing to your apartment, shutting and locking the door behind you before you even had the chance to look back.

"Oh god," you breathed, finally taking a moment to hold Jenna in your arms. Her body was shaking as you held on, and you were trying so hard to ignore the loud pounding on your door.

These types of things went on for days, people pounding on your door, waiting outside the building, and you and Jenna were unable to leave. Luckily someone else in the parking garage had caught the entire interaction on video, so neither you nor Jenna was depicted as being in the wrong.

***end flashback***

"I-I'm not ready." She stuttered, tears forming in her eyes as she stared at the door in front of her, her small hand clutching yours.

"Me either." You admitted, the fear still coursing through your veins as you imagined stepping outside.

"Then let's stay here." She croaked, looking at you, her emotions a mixture of fear and anger.

"Yeah, let's."