Sick- Jenna Ortega

Word count: 850 *just a short one for now*

You woke up to your alarm, the clock reading 5:30 am. You needed to catch the 6 o'clock bus in order to make it to 'work' on time. You lazily sat up in your bed and turned your body, your girlfriends sleeping figure next to you. Her beautiful brown hair was covering her face and she was snoring quietly, her chest rising and falling with every breath.

You gave her a light kiss on the forehead before getting up an getting ready for your day. You slipped on a simple outfit before grabbing your keys taking one more look at your girlfriend.

You were an actress, just like your girlfriend. But on your days off you would teach acting classes at the colleges and high schools in your area. It was honestly a dream come true because you got to have your dream job as an actress, and help teenagers have the confidence to follow their dreams.

"Bye Jen," you whispered, stepping out of your room and shutting the door behind you softly. You left your apartment as quickly as possibly and began the 5 block walk to the bus stop, hoping to make it on time.

***time skip***

You had just finished up teaching your last class for the day when your phone buzzed, stopping your train of thought. You waved goodbye to the remaining students in the room and pulled out your phone.

Emma: hey, do you know where Jenna is?

You: is she not there?

Emma: no, she never showed up, I thought maybe she was taking the day off and forgot to call.

You: I didn't think she took today off, let me check with her.

As you switched over to you and Jenna's texts your heart began racing, wondering where she might be.

You: hey baby, Emma said you didnt show up to work today and I just wanted to make sure you were alright.

You sat there staring at your phone screen for what felt like hours, waiting for a response from the small girl, but you never got one. So you quickly texted Emma.

You: she didnt respond to my text, I'm going to head home and make sure she is alright, let me know if you hear from her.

Emma: okay!

With that you placed your phone back in your pocket and quickly packed your things, hoping that Jenna was okay.

***time skip***

You turned the key to your apartment, walking inside and dropping your stuff on the floor, not even caring about what may have broken.

"Jenna, baby, you home?" You called, a worried tone in your voice as you waited for her response.

"In here," you heard quietly, the faint sound of sniffing following after it. You quickly ran toward where the sound had came from, and that's when you found her. She was on the floor of the bathroom, sitting next to the toilet, a sickly look on her face.

"Hey, what's wrong?" You asked, kneeling down to be closer to her. She just took a deep breath, leaning her head back and looking at the ceiling, her hands trembling slightly. "Baby are you sick?" You pressed your hand to her forehead as you spoke, and immediately you knew the answer to your own question. She most definitely had a fever and had clearly been throwing up all day.

"No, no, I'm okay." She protested, sitting up a little taller and trying to seem like she was perfectly healthy.

"No you arent, come on." You demanded, placing your arms under hers and lifting the two of you up. She was extremely cold and sweaty, her body shaking as you pulled her up from the floor. "Let's get you to bed or something." You walked her back to your guy's bed and laid her down, and after making sure she was under the covers you wasted no time in getting what she needed.

You sprinted to the bathroom and got a washcloth, wetting it with super cold water and placing it on her forehead before running back out to the kitchen. There you grabbed some meds, a glass of cold water, and a small trashcan before going back to your bedroom.

"Y/n, you don't have to do all of this." She protested, watching as you brought the TV from the living room into the bedroom, turning on her favorite show.

"Do I have to? No. Do I want to? Yes." You smiled, completely ignoring the fact that she was too prideful to just accept your help. "I love you, and your sick, so I'm going to take care of you." You whispered, hopping in the bed next to her and pulling the blankets over the two of you.

"Thank you, I love you." She mumbled, placing the cold washcloth back on her forehead before laying her head across your lap, her eyes closing as she spoke.

You kissed her clothed forehead, much like you had done that morning, and then placed your hands in her hair, the sound of the TV being the only noise in the room.