Meet the family- Harley Diaz

Word count: 1654

"Hey y/n!" You heard your girlfriend yell from somewhere in the hallway. You finished putting your books in your locker and turned around just in time as Harley flung herself onto you, wrapping you in a tight hug.

You and Harley had been friends for almost a year, as you had met at the beginning of your sophomore year in highschool, but you had only been dating for about two months.

"Well hello to you too," you joked, holding her tightly as you spoke.

"I missed you," she said, pulling back a little bit so she could look at you. She had a huge smile on her face and a very mischievous look in her eye.

"Harley, what are you up to?" You asked.

"Nothing!" She said, her voice going up in pitch, and this is how you knew she was lying.

"Mhm, sure," you said sarcastically, grabbing your books for your next class. "You know I'm going to find out eventually, right?" It was true, Harley could never keep something from you for longer than a day or two.

"Anyway," she giggled, trying to change the topic. "Are you free this weekend."

"Hmm, depends on who is asking." You joked, shutting your locker and taking her hand as you began to walk to your next class. "But yeah I should be free." She jumped with excitement as you spoke.

"Well perfect!" She kissed you on the cheek and began walking away.

"Wait! Why?" You called after her, but she just shrugged, continuing to walk away from you as the bell rang.

***time skip***

You walked in your front door, calling out to your mom, but you got no response. As soon as you shut the door, your phone buzzed.

Harley<3: hey, I have a question

You: yeah, what's up?

Harley<3 do you wanna hang out tomorrow

You: ofc I do baby, where?

Harley<3: well i was thinking we could hang at my house...

Her house? You had never been to her house. And in fact she usually didnt want to hang out at her house.

You: yeah of course. But may I ask why the sudden change?

Harley<3: well tbh, I want you to meet my family.

Your heart raced as you read her text. You knew that she had six siblings that were all pretty judgmental of her friends, and you were her girlfriend.

You: I would love to meet them

Harley<3: great, so I'll so you tomorrow

You: yep, what time?

Harley<3: how about noon?

You: see you then ml <3

You set your phone down on your kitchen counter as your anxiety rose in you. It was time to meet the family.

***time skip***

You took a deep breath as you stepped up to Harleys door, your palms sweating as you knocked.

The door immediately opened to reveal two little boys and an even younger girl, the glares on their faces obvious.

"Harley! She is here!" One of the boys yelled, not taking his eyes off of you as he spoke. She immediately came to the door, pushing past the younger kids and wrapping her arms around you in a hug. You immediately melted into her, glad to have a familiar face among all of the glares.