Accepting- Harley Diaz

Word count: 2186

***TW: slight homophobia and abuse!!***

You knocked on her door, your body was shaking and weak, the mixture of rain and tears practically blinding you.

"Who is it?" A voice called from the other side of the door, but before you could find the strength to answer, it flung open, revealing just the person you were looking for. "y/n?!" Harley exclaimed, immediately grabbing your chin in her hand and inspecting the bruise forming on your cheek, "Baby, what happened?"

'I- I don't-" You stuttered, wrapping your rain-soaked arms around her as the tears began to fall faster than they already were.

"It's okay love, it's okay, just tell me what happened."

***earlier that day***

"Hey, uh, Mom and Dad. I have something I want to talk to you about." You said hesitantly, walking into the living room where your mom was watching TV and your dad was standing against the wall, trying to figure out something on his phone.

"Yeah hun, what's up?" Your mom responded, half paying attention to you and half paying attention to whatever true crime show she was watching.

"It's kind of important..." You said, hoping that they would actually listen to you for once. Your dad just rolled his eyes before placing his phone back in his pocket, your mom pausing the TV and gesturing for you to continue speaking.

Your heart began to race as you realized that you were finally going to come out to your parents.

"We don't have all day." Your dad spat, his tone of voice making you regret coming into the room at all.

"Right, sorry." You replied, shifting on your feet as you debated on what to say. "You know how you guys always asked me why I don't have a boyfriend and never had one?" Your mom just nodded, now paying more attention to the mention of a boyfriend.

"I know why," Your dad said, your heart practically beating out of your chest. 

"You do?" How did he know? Did he see you and Harley one day?

"You're a nerd." He joked, his stern expression remaining even though he found himself hilarious. Your mom just sent him a disapproving glare before turning back to you.

"Well, the reason is cuz, I- I don't like dudes." You blurted out quickly, hoping your parents would get what you meant and that no more would have to be said.

"I didn't like the boys at my school when I was your age either hun, in fact, I didn't like anyone." Your mom replied, completely misunderstanding what you were trying to say. 

"No, Mom, that's not it." you huffed, your patience for them running thin, " I do like someone."

"Well, what's his name?" Your dad said, his tone getting angered at the topic of you liking a boy. You took a final deep breath before responding. 

"Her name is Harley... and actually she is my girlfriend." You admitted, a huge weight being lifted off your shoulders as you spoke those words. Unfortunately for you, the air in the room became heavy and a painful silence fell over the three of you. "Say something, please." You begged nervously, your confidence disappearing.

"Get out." your dad hissed, his tone dark and empty.

"What?" you choked, hoping you had heard him wrong."

"Get out of my house." He repeated, a finger pointing toward the front door.

"Dad, I-"

"Get out!" he screamed, and that is when you felt a sting on your face, watching as your father's hand fell back to his side, leaving a noticeable mark on your cheekbone.