Soft spot- Wednesday Addams

Word count: 1561

"This is seriously the worst idea you have ever had," you hissed at Eugene, following him out of the building and into the woods. "I'm only following you so you don't get yourself killed." He had somehow convinced you to help him look for the Hyde, even though Wednesday specifically said not to. But here you were, tromping through the forest in the middle of the night with a killer on the loose.

Now you weren't scared of many things, but you were absolutely scared of Wednesday, especially when you did or said something she told you not to.

"Come on y/n," he whined, stomping farther in the forest as he spoke, "just because Wednesday ditched us at the Rave'n doesn't mean we can't go through with the original plan." It was true, she had said the three of you would go looking for the Hyde together, and then she walked down the stairs in a beautiful dress, and met with Tyler Galpin. Just the mention of him made you feel sick to your stomach.

"Yeah, I guess," you admitted, continuing to think. Tyler was not only a normie, but a normie who frequently bullied every outcast he could get his hands on. But now he is willingly going to a dance with one? It honestly made your blood boil. I mean, of course, he would like Wednesday, she is absolutely beautiful, and her personality is to die for in your opinion. You were very similar to her when it came to your dislike for almost everyone else in the world, which is why it heavily confused you that she would willingly spend time with Tyler Galpin. "Still not happy about it." You scoffed after a few moments of silence, your leg getting scratched on a bush you almost fell into.

"Just think," he started excitedly, "if we get some clues about the Hyde, then you and Wednesday can finally catch it. No way she can be mad at us then!" Eugene had always been like this, since the first day you had met him. He is always so willing and excited to help someone with whatever they need. And plus, his bees were adorable. You were about to respond to him when he ducked behind a nearby tree, pulling you along.

You looked forward to look at what he had seen, and there was someone, a woman, walking toward the cave you two had just gone to check out. She wasn't much taller than you, but you couldn't see what she looked like, partially because of the darkness, but she was also very clearly trying to hide her identity.

"Holy shit," you whispered, trying as hard as possible to get a clear view of the woman. Eugene quickly pulled out his recorder, whispering into it.

"Eugene Ottinger here with y/n y/l/n, 22:42 hours. A potential suspect has arrived at the location." The two of you watched intently as the woman lit a molotov cocktail and tossed it into the cave, the explosion making your ears ring for a moment or two.

"Oh my god!" Eugene said, but he clearly didn't know the volume of his own voice, because suddenly the woman was shining a flashlight at you, blinding you temporarily.

"Shit, Eugene we gotta go," you seethed, grabbing his small hand and beginning to run, not even looking back to see if the woman was following. The only thing you cared about right now was getting you and Eugene safely back to Nevermore. After a few minutes of running, you stopped, the only sound being you and Eugene's erratic breathing. You scanned the tree line, trying to see if there was anyone following you, but you saw nothing. "Oh god," you panted, doubling over and using your knees to support yourself.

"That was insane." He added, fixing his glasses and trying to calm down, "I mean that has to be our perpetrator." He beamed at the idea of having caught the person responsible. "And did you see her boots? They were re-" he began to tell you, but he was cut off by a low growl, just feet away from the two of you.

"Eugene," you whispered, staring in the direction the growl came from, "when I say go, you run and you dont look back. Understand?" He looked at you with nothing but fear in his eyes before he managed a small nod. You returned your eyes to the growl and braced yourself. "Go!"

The second Eugene began running, the hyde leaped out of the bushes, headed right for him. You werent about to let Eugene die, so you did the only thing you can think of, you jumped in the way. Immediately you fell to the ground, the creatures claws digging deep into your shoulders. You cried out in pain as he co tinued to tear through your flesh, the sound of your screams ringing out through the forest.

As your vision began to go black, you only hoped that Eugene had made it back to nevermore in time.

***time skip***

You heard a soft beeping, Enids voice drawing you in.

"Just please, wake up y/n." She whispered, you hummed as she spoke, trying to let her know that you could hear what she was saying. You heard her breath hitch as she realized you were conscious, your eyes opening as she spoke again. "Oh my god! You're awake! You're awake!" She squealed, shaking your arm, causing pain to shoot through you. You groaned loudly at her actions, the smile falling from her lips. "Oh, sorry..." she mumbled. You sat up, your brain finally clicking as to what had happened. But then suddenly Enid stood up, rushing out of the room.

"Wait! What happened? Where is Eugene?" You called after her, but you didnt get a response, the blonde girl had disappeared from sight.

***time skip***

"I want you to answer me one question," you heard a voice say from the doorway of your hospital room, your eyes shooting open.

"Wednesday,"You began to stutter as you tried to explain what had happened, but she raised one finger, shushing you.

"What the hell were you thinking?" She asked you this with no expression, but you knew she was mad at you. You were one of the few people who could decipher her microscopic emotions.

"Eugene and I just wanted to continue with the plan," you said innocently, hoping that she wouldnt stab you right through the neck because of your stupidity. But then you realized what you had said, Eugene. "Wait, where is he?" You asked, the fear in your voice building as you realized he hadnt been to see you.

"Coma." She hissed, walking closer to your bed as she spoke, "and you have been out for the better part of a week." Your head spiraled at her words. The only reason you had jumped in front of the hyde was to make sure that nothing had happened to Eugene, and you had clearly failed at that.

"Will he be okay?" You stuttered, the tears beginning to well in the bottom of your eyes, but they went no farther.

"We arent sure yet." She said calmly, her voice soothing you a bit. "But I am glad you are okay." This caught you off guard a bit, watching as a look of pain spread across her face as she said these words. It seemed that Wednesday really was glad you were okay, but she wasnt prepared to admit it out loud.

"Aww, someone cares." You joked, trying to lighten the mood in the room. Knowing that Eugene wasnt dead did give you some peace of mind. However she took your joke as an insult.

"Speak of this ever again and I will sew your mouth shut with a dull needle, and I wont like it." Even though she meant this as a threat, it made you smile. Wednesday would normally enjoy doing that to someone, so the fact that she wouldnt like needing to do it to you was her way of saying she loved you.

"Alright, alright," you giggled, "your secret is safe with me. "Now can you help me out of this damn hospital, I dont want to be here for another minute." You asked, leaning forward in your chair. Your wounds werent too bad, none of your major organs had been damaged and there was just some surface wounds.

"I suppose you are well enough," she said, standing up and scanning your body for any serious injuries that would prevent you from leaving. "However maybe I should leave you here as a method of torture for almost getting yourself killed." She hissed again, making it clear that she was still very mad at you for what happened.

"For someone who doesnt care about other people, you seem awfully worried about me." You joked, trying to lighten the mood yet again, hoping she would drop the topic.

"That is where you are wrong," she said, her boots clicking on the ground as she walked away from you and to the door. She spoke again, but this time she wasnt facing you like she always did. "For some unfathomable reason, I do care." And with that she walked out, leaving you in your hospital bed, a huge smile on your face.

********************************

This was an amazing request made by: zenozsl