Walk in the woods- Wednesday Addams

Word count: 1362

You tossed and turned in your bed, the full moon shining through your window. Every time there was a full moon, you couldn't help but feel restless. Your situation was much like your sister Enid's. You had never been able to 'wolf out' but at the same time, you did always feel different, which is why you could never sleep. And today was no different.

"God damn it." you groaned, hopping out of bed and checking the time, 2:19 am. "Hey, Yoko!" You called, getting the attention of your roommate. She was sitting at her desk listening to music. This was normal for her, so you knew you weren't bothering her. "Im gonna go for a walk, clear my head."

She turned around and gave you a quick thumbs-up before returning to whatever she was doing. You quickly slipped your jacket and shoes on and snuck out of Ophelia Hall.

The cold air was surprisingly inviting, the calm of the night drawing you in as you continued toward the forest. You had always liked the wilderness, of course, you being a werewolf contributed to that. But even then, you loved the outdoors. You walked a little farther away from Nevermore before finding a fallen tree and sitting against it.

As you closed your eyes you just listened to the world around you, your wolf hearing coming in handy. You heard the soft sound of some raccoons not too far away scampering at the bottom of a tree. You heard the leaves rustling in the trees as the wind blew. And you even heard...

Footsteps.

You leaped up from the ground, turning to see whoever had snuck up on you. To your surprise, you saw Wednesday Addams, her braids falling neatly behind her back as she stared at you.

"Fuck, you scared the shit out of me." you huffed, sitting back down against the tree as she circled around to be in front of you. "What are you doing out here?"

"I could ask you the same thing." she hissed, scanning the forest around you as if she was looking for someone.

"I came out here to clear my head, ya know, full moon." You sighed, gesturing to the glowing orb in the sky. The small girls eyes traveled away from you and to the moon, a soft look falling over her for just a moment before her cold gaze returned. "So, what about you?" You asked, hoping to steer the conversation away from your sad reality.

"Unimportant." She stated, and to surprise you again, she sat down next to you, hugging her own knees. You dryly laughed at her answer. Wednesday had never been the kind of person to share personal information, so it was kind of dumb of you to assume she would tell you why she was out here. "You and your sister are not as similar as I had assumed." She said suddenly, the mention of your sister getting your attention.

"And why is that?" You asked, turning to look at the girl. Her dark brown eyes were scanning over you as she thought, and you noticed the slightest twitch in her eyebrows.

"Well during a full moon, Enid usually cries herself to sleep after eating all of the candy that she could get her hands on," she began, being spot on with her observation of your sister. "But you..." she continued, "You mostly keep to yourself. You often don't sleep at all, and if you do, it is because you have stayed up the night before in preparation for the full moon." You smiled as the girl spoke. This was the most you had ever heard her talk, and she was talking about things that other people have never noticed.

"You pay attention, don't you Addams?" You teased. She really did know more about you than most people ever had.

"It- it is just an observation." She stuttered, something you had never heard her do. And even in the pale moonlight, you could have sworn that you saw a blush forming on her cheeks, your hearing picking up the fact that her heartbeat had quickened.

"But you are right," you admitted, looking down at the forest floor below you. "Enid has always had pretty strong feelings about this. But I don't know, I mean if I'm not meant to wolf out then so be it. There is nothing I could do to change it, even if I wanted to." You fidgeted with your fingers as you spoke, hoping that she understood what you were trying to say.

"I needed to think," she blurted out, her tone sounding sharp.

"What?" You asked, confused by what she meant.

"That's why I'm out here. I needed to think. I needed to be able to think about everything that is going on and how it connects to the Hyde, and I couldn't do that with Enids crying. So I came out here to think." She said all of this very quickly, not wanting her vulnerability to last for more than a few seconds.

"Well let me help," you suggested, a small smile on your face, "tell me all of the things you know about the Hyde. Maybe saying it out loud will help you put some things together." She thought about what you had said, a serious look on her face, but eventually, she gave in.

As she began talking about all of the facts of her case, you slowly forgot all about the full moon and your body relaxed. As you listened to Wednesday's soft voice mixed with the soft howl of the wind, your eyes began to close, and sleep took you.

***time skip***

You woke up to the sunlight shining in your eyes. You expected to be slumped over the tree, or even on the forest floor, but you were surprised to feel something under your head, soft cloth touching your face. You opened your eyes just enough to take in your surroundings, and that is when you realized what you were laying on.

Wednesday.

Your head was in her lap and your arms were strewn across her legs. Your heart practically beat out of your chest as you realized the awkward position the two of you were in. And to avoid making it even more awkward by having to get up, you just shut your eyes again, pretending to have never woken up. Before you even had the chance to decide what to do, your phone rang, but Wednesday quickly answered it.

"Y/n where are you?" You heard your roommate ask through the phone, an annoyed tone in her voice.

"She is with me, Yoko." Wednesday spat, the cold tone in her voice sounding harsher than normal.

"Wednesday? Why is she with you." Yoko hissed in response. 

"She fell asleep in Enid's bed last night and is still asleep." She lied, a confident tone in her voice as she spoke.

"Okay well, can you wake her up? We have class." Yoko asked, her words rushed and impatient.

"No." The girl responded, and it took everything in you to not laugh at her quick answer. "You really want to make her go to class the day after a full moon? And I thought I was the evil one." before your roommate could respond, Wednesday hung up, placing your phone back down on the ground next to her.

You weren't sure how to feel about the girls actions. I mean, of course, you were thankful that she'd taken care of Yoko for you, your roommate could be quite the pain sometimes. But it did confuse you that she was being so... kind. She would never normally let you come anywhere near her, let alone fall asleep on her lap. When the girl had first shown up at Nevermore, you had thought she was the most beautiful person you had ever met, and you still thought that. But you quickly gave up on thinking that you could ever happen because you noticed her blatant dislike for everyone. But now you couldn't help thinking that you were wrong before, that maybe she did like you.

Was that even possible...?