Secret- Jenna Ortega

Highschool au:

Word count:1486

***TW: domestic violence***

You were sitting with your friends at the Homecoming pep assembly, your body uncomfortably crushed by the people around you.

"Mikey, why couldn't we just skip this?" You groaned as you struggled to take your hoodie off, the cloth slightly sticking to you with sweat. "I mean, couldn't we just skip and get food or something?"

"Oh come on y/n, have some fun!" She replied as she stood up and began cheering for the kids out on the floor embarrassing themselves with the stupid games, "It'll be over in half an hour."

You stuffed your hoodie into your backpack sitting at your feet, pulling your phone out of your back pocket and opening it quickly. You were going to just scroll on your phone but you forgot that your school's wifi was the worst shit ever, so you just put your phone back and gazed toward the floor.

As you looked across the way your eyes locked with the one person no one would expect, Jenna Ortega. She was sitting next to her boyfriend, his hand lightly on her knee as she looked at you. You tried to look away but something kept you staring, your heart beating faster and faster. 

"Hey Mikey, I'm gonna go to the bathroom really quick." You said as you hurriedly stood up, she just gave you a small thumbs up before she continued clapping for the two boys who had just finished performing their new song.

You slipped out of your seat, passing in front of the other kids in the row before you finally got to the end of the bleachers, hopping off of the short step and pushing the doors open, entering the cold hallway.

The sound from the gym faded as the metal doors shut, your heartbeat filling your ears as you sat down on a nearby bench. Suddenly the doors on the other side of the gym flung open, the small brunette rushing through them.

As soon as she saw you she walked toward you, her movement frantic as she looked all over the hallway, making sure no one was there. And in the short few seconds it took her to reach you, you realized what was about to happen.

She leaned down quickly and cupped your face in her hands, smashing her lips against yours as she sat on your leg. You just accepted it, your arms going around her body as the two of you passionately kissed.

But after a few seconds of bliss, she pulled away, her hair a bit messy as she stood up. Her pupils were blown as were yours, but you knew that didn't mean anything. 

"You know the drill." She whispered, her voice soft and kind even though you knew she was serious.

"I know, I know," you chuckled, trying to hide the way you really felt. "Don't tell anyone and pretend nothing happened." You scoffed. You watched as her eyes softened and you saw a glimpse of pain at your words.

"Don't say it like that," she sighed, sitting down next to you as she spoke, again scanning the hallway for any of your peers. "You know I don't want this either." She cupped your face gently with one hand, your heart melting.

"I just don't understand," you whispered, your voice low as you shut your eyes barely, loving the feel of her skin on yours. "Just dump him and be with me." You felt her twitch at the mention of the boy, pulling her hand away from you.

"Y/n, you know I'm scared to leave him." She begged, not wanting you to push this any farther.

"I know, I'm sorry Jen. But if he does anything to you I swear-" you hissed, but before you could finish your sentence the doors of the gym swung open, the very topic of conversation walking through.