Frustrated- Harley Diaz

Word count: 1737

"Harley! I'm here! What's up?" You yelled as you walked into your best friend's house. You didn't even worry about knocking because the two of you had grown so close throughout high school.

"Oh, hey." She smiled nervously as she saw you, "Yeah, about that. I didn't mean for my text to scare you." She mumbled, her voice soft and quiet.

"Yeah, well it did." You mocked.

***earlier that day***

You were just laying on your bed watching your favorite show when your phone buzzed, the screen lighting up and showing you a text from Harley.

Harley<3: hey...

You: hey, what's up?

Harley<3: uhm well I have something to tell you.

You: Okay? Harley what's up you're scaring me.

Harley<3: will you come over? This is something I should do in person.

And despite not knowing what she was going to say, or if it was good or bad, you slipped your shoes on and grabbed your keys, heading over to her house as fast as possible. She was someone you loved more than you would ever admit, and if something was wrong, you were going to be there to help.

*** Back to present***

"Okay, I'm here, what's up?" You asked, looking at the girl in front of you. She was just wearing a hoodie and sweatpants, but she looked gorgeous. Her siblings were running around everywhere yelling and causing a scene about something, so it was hard to hear. 

"Let's go up to my room, it's kinda loud down here." She smiled, beginning to walk up her stairs and beckoning for you to follow. You ignored the loud screaming of her younger siblings and followed closely behind her, shutting her door and muffling the loud children.

"Dude you're freaking me out." You admitted, throwing yourself down on her bed and making yourself comfortable.

"It's nothing bad," she said, sitting on the edge of the bed, farther away from you than she normally would, "Im just nervous."

Even though she kept assuring you she was fine, her words and actions told you otherwise. She was fidgeting with her hands and biting her bottom lip awkwardly, and normally she would just say whatever it was she wanted to say, but she seemed very hesitant.

"You're my best friend, you know that right?" She asked, avoiding eye contact with you as she spoke.

"Yeah, and you're mine." You said lightly, hoping that the tension in the room would fade, but it didn't.

"So please, please, don't let this make you look at me differently." She said quietly, sounding like she was on the verge of tears, "Cuz I don't know what I would do without you in my life."

"Harley, I promise, what's going on with you?" You asked, sitting up and putting a hand on her leg in the hopes of comforting her, but for some reason that seemed to make her even more nervous.

"Okay, so-" she began, but she was cut off by her bedroom door swinging open, Daphne walking in.

"Make Beast give back my doll. I wasn't done cutting its limbs off and he took it from me." She said, her psychotic tone scaring you a little bit. Both you and Harley just looked at her with terrified expressions, and before anyone could speak, Beast came barging through the door.

"I was saving the poor thing, do you see this?" He cried, holding up a Barbie who was missing both legs and one arm was hanging on by a thread. "She is crazy!" Your eyes opened even wider at the sight of the plastic doll, your fear of Daphne growing.