2.

* * ☾ * *

Healer Rhea's POV

"Goddess bless you, Healer Rhea. Goddess bless you." The woman had smiled kindly to the she-wolf who was reigning in compliment after compliment. And with so many years in service under her belt, Rhea knew that one of the most respectable actions a wolf could do is rub their cheek to the other. Which Rhea welcomed with ease, even taking the offering of the sick lil pup who she was called to see.

"Please let me know if his fever doesn't break. There's nothing to worry about, most pups get a bit of the flu this time of the year." The first-time mother had nodded and eagerly took each and every piece of information that Rhea dwelled on, and it was clear that the Healer was simply perfect for her profession. Even if she didn't want to take the pouch of coins at the end of her visit, she wasn't at all that surprised when he found it in her travel satchel—Again.

Leaving the cabin, Rhea returned back to the dirt road and smiled at those in passing. The mixture of wolves to humans no longer came as a shock, not when she was living in the Red Moon Pack. Yet even now she was growing weary, after the strenuous check-ups, Rhea turned to her wrapped hand and frowned at the bandages.

She would need to add more of the salve during her next rest stop, otherwise, the bandages would just scruff up against the scar tissue.

Ever so often, she would pass a wolf or a lone child and Rhea was always weary of the company for too long. As though one of her former followers would suddenly recognize her—Yet how could they?
Her youth had been stolen from her and she was at the mercy of those loyal to her and knew the truth.
Until they were no more. Not here in the Red Moon pack, at least.

It was a long while since Rhea had gone by her birth name, one that suggested treason at the highest order. But there was no telling what the Tirean Kingdom would do. Or the former Vorvarian subjects would do to uprise and return her to the throne.

Amory—Rhea, had decided that it wasn't worth it. The throne or the risk.

The king was doing a wondrous job at the forefront of trying to connect the humans and wolves together. Even if it took a decade or so to start mingling properly, Rhea could confidently say that she felt like a pack member.

A valued pack member, as some would vouch for.

Upon turning down another dirt road, it quickly picked up into cobblestone as she breathed in relief in seeing the pack house—Which is just a little bit more than four or so cabins combined, while the rest was under construction.

In addition the Alpha's home.

Speaking of the Red Moon Pack's Alpha—Alpha Stephen. Who was her next destination, as one of his pups needed a bit of healing. Yet when she arrived at the Alpha's wing of the Packhouse, she was greeted by not only the she-wolf who nannied the Alpha's litter, but caught just what the leader meant.

"Goodness me, don't tell me you three have been naughty pups for Ms.Tara?" The question had run through as the pups had turned their attention to the healer, yet they weren't at all phased by her authoritative voice, not when she was a mere human—Or that they knew that she was teasing.

"Rhea!" They cheered, their bodies weaving through the furniture as their nanny had chided them for not being formal. Even if they were Alpha's children, there was no guarantee that they would succeed their father.

"Oh no darling, I'm not here to play. Your father's told me that one of you hurt your knee?...Or was it your ankle?" A sly smile had come from Ms.Tara as she came forward and placed a hand on the human's shoulder, offering a small shake of her head.