55.

* * ☾ * *

Healer Rhea's POV

Upon returning to the direction of the meeting room, she peeked inside to catch the King speaking with of her males and she instantly took the detour to return back to her rooms.

"My Lady, could I offer you a bath?"

"Oh please, Irene. A bath and whatever can be brought from breakfast, I'm not picky. I think I'm locking myself up here for the rest of the day."

"Of course, my Lady. I fully agree, you need your rest. I would be happy to deliver any message to the Infirmary, to Charles."

"Ah, bless you. I nearly forgot...Yes, I'll draft that now before I lose my two senses soaking in warm waters." And thus, it allowed Irene the chance to get things ready for a proper soak.

It was a rather quick message, and Rhea huffed in damnation when she truly did not want to sound heartless. So she scraped the first and went ahead to the second. "Everything is all set, ma'am."

"Thank you, Irene. Could you check this over for me? I don't want to come off as rude and unapproachable." That sparked excitement in the female as she hurried forward and scanned the parchment, smiling throughout and nodding.

"I think it's perfect, very kind and telling."

"I don't want this to slip by me, what happened in the Infirmary was awful." Irene agreed while escorting Rhea into the bathing chamber, attempting to hold her hands back as her Lady liked to manage tasks such as this on her own.

Unless of course, it proved to be difficult.

Though Rhea hadn't even dared to try and conquer getting into the tub on her own, and Irene had provided a steady arm for her to keep a handle on.

And goodness, had it been an utter blessing and a half, that the steaming water on tap was by far the best invention of the kingdom. Leaning back into the pillow as she began to close her eyes and find peace with the scents that Irene had chosen for this noon's soak.

But of course, the day had other plans as the door had been given a bundle of knocks before being opened without a word of entry. It startled Irene to the point of no return as she stomped her way into the main room.

"What is the meaning of this?! This is a Lady's room!" Her shouts had been a good defense, but all too soon it turned into muffles and Rhea tried her best to hear over the sound of the water. But it was hopeless as she heard the familiar rumble of a male she didn't really want to see.

And not so unexpectedly, she heard the wooden door creak open. "I'm not taking any meetings at the moment," Rhea whispered out, peeking through her closed eyes before shutting them, feeling ready and at ease in seeing the King.

"You have an unnatural habit of making a male want to rip his hair out."
"Funny, that's what my father said too."

"This isn't a joking matter."

"I never said it is. If you want me to help make things equal, here's where to start. Suppression of religion is unnatural." The male blinked and continued to do so as though the mere idea of humans having their own settled religion was unheard of.

And so Rhea settled further into her pillow and huffed. "I'm not taking any meetings."
"And you are not Queen to decide when I can and cannot speak with you, Amory. Let me make that clear."

"And you are not prepared for me to be your Queen. What do you think those favors will be in return for? I have three of those males by the scruff of their necks and I need a Fourth—Given that Kieran will agree with the union. You need to think bigger picture."