59.

* * ☾ * *

Healer Rhea's POV

"Gods, I don't remember this ride being so damned bumpy." Rhea rolled her eyes and continued to look out the window.
"You drank nearly three whole bottles, Rom. What did you expect?"
"That I have much more of a gut and could handle it. How are you not feeling it?"
"I am. Though I know my limit. And you did not have to order full glasses, my King." He smirked once more, as it had been the best sort of tease on her behalf to revert back to his title.

Though he adored his nickname whispered from her lips just the same. As though it was a secret between the two of them.

"How else was I meant to be sure I favored it? My party planner gave me a task and I wanted to make sure I managed to the fullest." As Rhea began to fiddle with her cane, she soon laughed the mere second Romulus reacted to another bump in the road.

So she dug into her satchel and passed over a tonic. "What the hell is this?"
"A hangover tonic. If you're feeling awful now, wait until tomorrow." That had been enough of a reason and explanation for him to down the entirety of it. Good thing they were signal dosages, or else the King would not be functional for the rest of the day.

Speaking of which, she still had loads to get through, and she squirmed in her seat to straighten herself—How was it that her thought started at her daily checklist, and reverted to yesterday's fondling?

"Are you sure you're well?"
"I told you the last time I haven't felt any pain." She informed, going once more to dig through her satchel and conform to her list.
If only the King hadn't tugged it down, demanding her attention.

"I want transparency, Rhea."
"I haven't anything to share. I'm just unsure as to why I felt it the first time."
"It's simple. He wasn't the male for you. I don't have to explain to you that there are some that don't care to learn about how to pleasure a—"
"Romulus, respectfully, I don't want to hear about your former conquests, alright?" His face had turned still until a smirk curled as he leaned forward.

"Is this jealousy I'm hearing?"
"No, but it could come in the form of a smack upside the head..."
"It is."
"...Or the nose." He huffed, but his cocky grin certainly didn't shimmer down. Not when the blush in her cheeks had taken hold, and he once more tugged the distraction away. "What?"

"It's simple, Rhea. He wasn't gentle, and you weren't as healed as you are now...I have plans for the first time we lay together on our Honeymoons." Now that omission of the truth had caused her eyes to bulge.
"What?" She repeated, and Romulus could only back into the cushioned upholstery.

"Hm, I plan to make you delirious with pleasure. As a mate should, before exploring something new."
"A mate?" Now it had been Romulus' turn to still, but the way his head tilted hadn't at all been what he meant. Though he nodded, hoping she hadn't caught his surprise. "Yes, we will be mated by then. Formally, after we come together."
"And that is where you'll bite me."
"Claim. I will claim you."
"Anything else I need to know before then?" The question hadn't meant to cause Romulus to make such a face, but it was rather entertaining to see it as though he had tasted something sour. "Here I thought it was a simple question."

"It is. I am just unsure of how to word it properly, given that you do not understand how a wolf couple interacts with one another."
"I know that I don't need a Heat to wait to get pregnant. If that's what you're getting."
"No, but that is a lovely reminder. Though I will gladly wait until you are comfortable. If that is something you are interested in, to begin with." Rhea perked her lips, but not liking how he blatantly changed the topic. So she simply leaned back as he had just moments ago as she hummed along.