51.

* * ☾ * *

Healer Rhea's POV

A full week had passed since Rhea's return to the Kingdom, and goddess, she was a nervous wreck upon taking up Kieran's offer in dining with his family.

And while it was a wonderful gesture, Rhea was going to take this opportunity as carefully as possible—Given that she hadn't a male in sight to follow her.

Though in this case, she didn't know what to expect more than what Kieran had mentioned. His children were going to be there, most likely highlighting the bachelor of the litter. Even if it did perk her interest, there was only one wolf that caught her eye and it was starting to grow.

With every dinner and every night that they spent with one another, it turned back to what it once was—Friends.
Or more so, in Rhea's case, considering her attachment was starting to shine brighter.

Though perhaps, she could tempt the idea of finding a mate in this Kingdom. It would take her mind off of the looming council meeting and Holy Knot mass in the coming days. Until then, she wanted the rumors to flow like wine.

At the current moment, she was doing a few touchups to her hair and face to bide her time until the carriage would arrive. However, a sharp knock sounded, and Rhea groaned—Knowing full well it was Ray attempting to join the dinner in an attempt of being her escort and date.

"I have ten minutes!" She shouted back, but the door had started to creak regardless—Which she groaned in mirroring the sound as she twisted to the side. "I don't recall this was an invitation to—" But it had been the wrong door, to begin with.

"No?... Shall I knock again?"

"This sneaking around is getting tiring, Rom."

"I will gladly make you my Luna by tomorrow, but I will follow your lead, little Queen." She snorted as she continued to pat her face with a bit more of a tint. One that nearly caused a snarl to escape her lips, and it bewildered her why this anger was building in her chest. "Amory?"

"Hm?

"I said you're looking lovely this evening, but I suppose I've been ignored." Her lips parted as she scoffed and turned away. "Flattery...Did Lyall tell you that will work?"

"I don't tell my males everything...Besides, I would like to think I know the inner workings of a female."
"Oh? Duly noted. Perhaps we can explore that and our inner workings..." She already had her head up to look at him, and his body towered over her as he met to kiss her crown. "...All depends on how tonight goes."

"I believe you will enjoy Kieran's family. It will change your perspective of wolves without a doubt. His son would be a good suitor for you. Had I been a better man, I would have paired the two of you together."

"Oh?"
"But you are mine, Amory. And I am a selfish beast. I do not want males anywhere near you besides those I trust not to look at the way I do to you." Her heart began to flutter as she closed her eyes and settled further into him. Sighing as she truly did want to stay in this evening, but her title was gaining.

"You are managing it fairly well, considering even you know that Kieran is going to try and push me to his son." She teased, but Romulus' firm hand rested down on her shoulders and tightened his hold on her. "I'm doing my best to ignore it, but it's going to happen regardless. See, I am taking your words faithfully."

With that, Rhea had stood to her feet cautiously, as her hands were leveled with her cane, and she settled a sweet kiss to his lips and moved to the side.