85.

* * ☾ * *

Alpha Queen Amory's POV
1 1/2 Years Later

With a quickened breath, Amory had managed her way through the endless halls of the castle—Chiding herself for not making the plans or the efforts to stay in the Summer manor sooner.

The Queen's mood was steadly declining by the hour, and it was all due to the fact that the damned castle she was now residing in permanently was far too large for any one person to manage. And with that, meant that her devoted King was off in the surrounding Packs to speak with the Alpha's after inquiring a fair bit of information from the council.

A new and improved council, as a matter of fact, one that holds a spot for each Pack to have as representatives. This allowed Amory to speak with and direct her attention to those who vocally brought their issues or complaints forward—Whether it be during a meeting or in private, the Queen felt that things were starting to get better.

Until they weren't.

Until the leads that were hopefully turning into a dead end had given the roundabout for more damning mentions. It seems the Rogues were still heavily involved with the movement of humans.

Granted, their goals had changed, and with the help of the neighboring King—King Thaddeus of the Creasan Kingdom—Amory was able to get farther in terms of making sense of the madness.

It astounded her that all that needed to be done was invite the Creasan Royal court to instigate a fair bit of support in either direction.

But Amory had started to wonder what else was going on in those borders, and felt rather ashamed that she had asked Markus to go in and investigate—Undercover, of course.

With another male down from her arsenal, it left only a handful to remain beside her. Though, not counting Clive as he was busy with his studies—Or Dane, who was gifted his former position from both Romulus and Drex combined.

Though, this time with a promotion to Head of the Royal Guard. So hearing his armor buckle as he attempted to follow her back down to the throne room caused another smile to appear on her face.

It was far too easy to tease.

"Why didn't you ask Hawes to get your case for you?" He questioned, just as out of breath as she was. But upon looking back, Dane was falling behind.

No, Amory had never told another soul about the visit from Demon King just before her wedding. It was just another to add to the list of secrets she was keeping at the moment.

But for the rest of the Kingdom, they had taken it as good faith of accepting a fated Mated pair. Gifting Amory the ability to heal properly now that she was bound to Romulus.

As he was to her.

"Hawes is meeting with the architect. I want him to be able to get an apprenticeship."
"My Queen, a simple wave of your hand will do that for him." Amory scoffed, but she didn't deny the comment outright. Her title—Or as Dane had teased, could manage much more than simply get Hawes a job, it could also wage war.

A beautiful yet dangerous allocation of power to behold in one small female, and the female had a mission in mind at the moment.

"Goddess, my Queen! Please, slow down!"
"I can't afford that, Dane. When Rom returns were headed to the Summer Manor. I have many a things to do!" It wasn't set in stone just yet, but there wasn't too much that Romulus wouldn't say nor to.

And an escape to their Summer home was one of the easiest excuses to be alone.

As Amory wanted to knock down her list of secrets—Though she had her own suspicion that Romulus knew where Markus went. He simply didn't voice it, just as Amory pretended to know that his visit to Red Moon wasn't just to brag to Alpha Stephan, but to visit the survivors from the Rogue King.