7.

* * ☾ * *

Healer Rhea's POV

As the expected date of the Enforcers was set to come, Rhea had spent the better part of her paycheck on a secret weapon. One she loathed in the early days of learning what freedom meant not having the title of ruler of the Vrovaria Kingdom. Even if Noria looked at her strangle and her nose twitched ever so often—It was a wonderful deterrent, one that Rhea just claimed she was testing for her burns.

Course, that caused Sadie to question things, and Rhea had to lie once more to cover things up once more. It wasn't a usual habit, but when the amount of Enforcers had spiked in the past two days, Rhea didn't hesitate to pack a bag that was hiding underneath her bed on the off chance she needed to run.

There was a slight pain in her chest, one that she regretted after one too many sips of the pack's brew to really understand her actions just a couple of days prior. Whether it be the stress of work or the onset of Enforcers, Rhea had accepted Alpha Stephen's company last night.

Realistically, it was usually a smart idea to have a Healer at the call when the pack had decided on a large get-together. And the kitchen was cooking up a storm since the Enforcers had started to walk the Pack House's halls. Not to mention that the Alpha had wanted to share the wealth and brag a bit that his kitchens and cooks were better than anything offered in the Kingdom.

Which a few had agreed with, and Rhea would include herself as one.

It hadn't been much more than a few soft kisses and suggestive caresses, but Rhea was under the influence and Alpha Stephen had simply settled her into his bed for protection, it was much too late to bring her back to her home—And not that he wanted to actually admit it, but he was jealous of Cedric's task of escorting her whenever she wished.

Alpha Stephen had thought himself a fair and balanced leader amongst this diverse pack of both wolves and humans, so much so that there were a few hybrids amongst them. All young, of course, but Rhea was doing her best to document the changes—It was perhaps then that Stephen had begun to grow feelings for the beautiful female, as she cared for what she didn't understand.
Rhea wasn't the first human to make a kind introduction, she was simply the one that felt everlasting.

Not to mention his pups adored her to no end, but Rhea couldn't be the female chosen to take their mother's place, no. She had gotten too close to the late Luna, and it was already giving her a guilty conscious in for being so weak—In not being able to hold her booze properly.

Was the herbal blend she made for her skin to ward off wolves? Perhaps. Did the category of wolves also mean Alpha Stephan? It could.

In the midst of everything, Rhea had been packing for a few nightly deliveries—And Cedric's carriage was starting to get rather full by the time Rhea had come forward with the last bundle. "I can stay, Rhea. It's—"

"It's alright, I need to finish brewing the tonic anyhow. We'll bottle it in the morning when it cools. Make sure you give the correct delivery to each patient." Sadie and Noria had looked at one another in question, not at all confident in themselves.

However, it was Cedric who grunted. "I will come back when the rounds are done." Rhea shook her head with another smile. "No need, I know you live off that way. I won't be long back home." The wolf that was tasked to guard her had huffed in defiance, but she sighed in response. Reaching down into her belt and showcasing the dagger she had been carrying since long before Enforcers had come into their pack.

Perhaps when Alpha Stephan slipped that there were other sorts of dangers slipping through the territories.

"I'm alright to walk myself home, Cedric. I've done it for most of my life." It was such a lie that Rhea didn't know how she managed to sound truthful to this wolf. But the dagger must have spoken louder than her words as she was soon left to watch the carriage move forward.