38.

* * ☾ * *

Healer Rhea's POV

The first week of the month was always a joyous occasion. For Rhea, it was the start of new plans and beginnings. The first morning, Lillian knew to prep Rhea with her own steaming pot of tea and keep the males at bay.

This was planning day.
Though she ended it completely spoiled as she read through and enjoyed either the collected or mailed-in reviews of her manual. Of course, there were a plethora of questions, but in the midst of it all, there were bundles of appreciation.

It burned her to the core that she couldn't help every person in the Kingdom, but getting what is stored in her head and notebooks out to the general public, then it was the same method of distribution.

And the stories in her hand were just proof of it all.

With a small knock at the door, she turned to see Osmin coming in, a bargaining chip of a well-stocked plate of food. And Rhea could not deny Lillian's cooking, not when it smelled of garlic chicken and buttery mashed potatoes.

"Room service? I don't believe I ordered anything."

"Cheeky. How is everything going?"
"If you're looking to take a sneak peek at this month's achievements, I'm sorry. You'll have to wait until tomorrow." She said with a brilliant smile that already spoke of his answer. Though his narrowed eyes were all the more reason she could not give in.

"Lillian has another check-up tomorrow afternoon, I have a method to see if the pup is a male or—"

"That's a male. I'm willing to bet my whole month's wages." And thus, Rhea rolled her eyes once more and scribbled a few more notes before digging into a large scoop of mashed potatoes.

"Well, I suppose I can give a small summary—Nelo was right, these questions are being left unanswered. Perhaps it's time to make a quicker type of response." It was so easy to be supportive, but in the reasoning of being alluring and not outing Rhea's person, they had to be careful.

"Pile a few of the similar ones together and perhaps make it an assistant of some sort that answers this. I have a feeling that Armundus is too busy to be doing things alone. A pamphlet will be cheaper to mass produce." She nods and scribbles a few more things, and Osmin gets the perfect glimpse.

"A well, that's new. But certainly manageable."

"Such a cheat, Osmin. You're lucky you came with a meal and a good idea." She said, a smile tempting on her face. And he hummed as he leaned over her shoulder and got a better look. After so many months of going through this ritual of monthly duties, others were starting to get a better grasp and looked forward to the new becomings.

Especially considering a well would be added to another section of their property, freeing up the lines, in addition to those living on the opposite end will not have to lug so much back and forth.

It seemed like an easy enough task, and it allowed Rhea to cater to the voice of the people. Though there was nothing she could do to reverse time, and for that, she felt guilty.

Guilty in not being the Queen she was destined to be—Guilty for allowing all this to happen.

Osmin must have caught sight of that, as he had taken a seat beside her but kept the arm focused around the female. "Rhee—"

"I think things are starting to get pieced together. We hardly need anything left to live."

"Rhea, we have been living. When the day finally comes and you won't be needing to plan all this sort...Is the day I'm waiting on."