80.

* * * *

Healer Rhea's POV

Rhea—Amory—Had looked down to her feet once more to see the decapitated head of her former Council member, Mithwell. This ultimately reminded her that there were still a few lingering throughout the audience—The humans of the court who always looked at her with an ill temperament.

Gods, she couldn't imagine how damaging things will look if humans were in the mix with this madness. But it was becoming more clear that it was more than likely a correct possibility.

In the midst of it all, and the others handling the escapists—The Enforcers no doubt following the orders of Drex elsewhere. Rhea turned to see Romulus already looking at her, as if waiting for her to make a decision.

And yet, her eyes glanced to the alter. "Let us make things official, that way others cannot reject our rule." Romulus had closed his eyes and ducked his head down in silent agreement. With a few steps towards her, he offered out his hand and returned her back to the alter.

Upon looking at the Priest, she realized he looked quite disheveled after ducking for cover behind the thrones.

Amory had snuck another smile to Romulus, but the Priest had cleared his throat to return his attention to the ceremony.

There was no point in restarting, and thus, he picked up where he left off before gesturing to the two to estate their vows to one another. While holding one another's hands at their center, Amory could feel the tether return slowly snaking its way around their wrists to intertwine.

And it was undoubtedly beautiful to think of the meaning of eternally binding one's soul to the other.

A concept a human like herself only dreamed of accomplishing.

"Amory...I've made many promises over the course of this year, but I will gladly add to this list. I promise to be your lover, companion, and friend. Your partner, your ally in any conflict, and your toughest adversary...Wherever we go, we will always return to one another. This is my promise of love to you. To give the best of myself and ask no more than you give in return. To share with you my time, and to bring joy, strength, and imagination to our relationship." Amory's lips had parted as the tears from before had come forth once more.

It was beautiful, it was heartfelt, and warm. But more importantly:

It was Romulus.

    "Romulus...I choose you for life. I promise you my deepest love, my fullest devotion, and my tenderest care through our undiscovered future together. I promise to be faithful to you. I promise to love you, commit to you, and support you. I pledge to respect your unique talents and abilities, to lend you strength for all of your goals. I am grateful for your deep love and constant friendship. As I have given you my hand to hold. I give you my life to keep." Romulus' eyes had blinked back and forth to hold back the tears, he hadn't been prepared for Amory's expression of love.

He knew it, his beast could feel it.
But announcing it to a whole Kingdom, to the whole continent, it tugged on his soul without warning.

    "...Here before witnesses, King Romulus Tirean and Queen Amory Vrovaria have sworn themselves to one another. With this cord, I bind them to their words. Repeat after me." Romulus had caught Amory's long inhale in preparation for concentrating on this final piece. And before the golden thread would be laced around their conjoined hands, he rubbed his thumb into her skin in hopes of some comfort.

    "Heart to three, body to thee...Always and forever, bless it be." The crowd beside them had chanted the final three words as a confirmation of their union. And Romulus had to hold himself back from kissing her before they said so.