83.

* * ☾ * *

Alpha Queen Amory's POV

Following the aftermath of their mating, Amory still found it surreal. After the claim, Romulus had stayed awake the majority of it while she rested.

Until he had prompted another claim, and Amory wasn't one to ignore his ever-loving touch.

It's the reason why she had dozens of love bites all around her body, or the fact that there was dry blood soaked into the side of her pillow.
It confirmed her own suspicion, that Romulus' bite would be as permanent as if she were a wolf.

And after a quick inspection, his looked angrily red as well.

After a bit of convincing for her limbs to comply with her needs, Rhea had found the strength to get up, and she was wonderfully surprised by the bathroom of her childhood. A very beautifully constructed tile was just off to the corner and she sighed in utter relief when she thought about using the tub.

But flinched in a panic to see her reflection in the mirror.

There was an obvious glow across her skin, although the red-tinted skin of her neck still looked as irritated as it felt. Yet it didn't matter, none of it did, not when Amory hadn't felt so utterly sedated in her life.

And to make things all that better, she hadn't felt a lick of pain anywhere on her body.
Not from her immortal wound, and not from her burns.

If it were possible, she hadn't felt any more than the familiar touches of Romulus from just last night—This morning?

Things had been entirely jumbled into beautiful memories, to the point where a smile blossomed onto the figure in front of her. Even as she tested her touch against the tightness of her scarred skin, and instead realized that it was simply from the cool air creeping inside.

"You're beautiful..." A voice had called out from behind her, and she turned over her shoulder to see Romulus—The damned male—Just staring at her longingly.

His eyes gave the same temped gaze he had when he suggested another claim. Amused as she was, Amory gave her mate her full attention as she leaned into the doorway. "I thought you were asleep."

"Not anymore, come back before things get cold." Amory found her way back into his embrace, accepting the offering of joining underneath the blankets and allowing her body to relax into the comforter around her.

It was amazing how his touch could create such an insatiable need, it prompted her to nuzzle into his chest as she huffed. "What are you thinking, Mate?" Romulus asked, sensing her shift in mood.
"I'm thinking of the pain your father went through when he lost your mother." She whispered, regretting her honesty as she caught sight of how rigid Romulus had turned at the mere mention of something so damning.

"He lived long, fighting for a promise he had made to her. As will I, if the need shall arise."
"You already kept your promise to me, Rom." It had escaped his notice at the moment, and so she settled her weight directly onto his stomach. Bending down to hover over him, a familiar position from last night as he adored looking up at her.

"When I surrendered, you—"
"I don't want to talk about that day, Amory."
"But we should. Even if it hurts...I asked you to keep my people safe—"
"And I nearly got the masses killed." She had cupped his chin to demand his attention, shaking her head as the ends of her hair tickled him.

Yet he remained still and open to listen, even if his eyes screamed to be in pain at the reminder.

"You did your best, as did I. Think of all we can do together...The Kingdom is so pleased with our union, and the rest of the continent is in support." Romulus nodded, but a frown had captured her attention, as did the growl that acted as a warning as she was pushed to the side and giggled as Romulus pinned her back down into the bedding.