53.

* * ☾ * *

Healer Rhea's POV

Romulus had kept his promise about his door being fixed by the morning, as Rhea had gotten ready with the help of Irene—She was stunned to see that it was most definitely repaired.

And while she had plans about going to the infirmary after visiting the priest, Irene wouldn't budge once she caught just how bruised her wrist had been.

It was sprained, not broken, but it still causing her an unnecessary amount of pain in addition to what she was already dealing with. So off the two had gone towards the Infirmary and good goddess, was it packed.

Rhea knew it was pointless to try and cut the line, nor did she want to. But most of these issues seemed to be of a lesser problem than the rest.
One human was suffering burns, ones she claimed had come from the previous night but things were too busy.

Another instance was an infected scrape, as they hadn't bothered to come to the infirmary—Was the unfairness traveling this deep?
Rhea couldn't recall when there had been any separation between wolf and human in her treatments. Perhaps she put children and the elderly before the rest, but never by species.

"It's always like this, but I truly do not think you should ignore this, Lady Rhea." The female's voice was calming to the storm raging in the back of her mind.

If Romulus was injured, they wouldn't think twice about waiting.

She hadn't seen him since last night when she admitted a fatal truth—But good grief, when she looked at the clock once more, she had been sitting here for three hours and counting. And all that happened was the wolves coming and going while the group of humans was becoming larger.

Yet when she heard the screams of agony, her anger subsided as she turned back towards the source. It had been a rather abrupt entrance through the double doors as two males were carrying the gurney of their injured friend.

It looked to be a machinery accident of some sort, with a metal device stuck directly into the finer part of his leg. "Goddess—" Irene cursed, and the rest of the humans were squirming once again.

"We work for Councilman Tension, straight from the factory! You were the closest besides the hospital!"

"I'm sorry sir, we're not prepped for that sort of emergency work." The wolf claimed, but she sounded more bored than anything, as though the man's pains were a bother than an actual emergency.

The males continued to go back and forth for their friend's treatment but were not getting anywhere. And within the last three hours, Rhea couldn't recall how many humans had been accepted to go inside the actual infirmary or ended up leaving when they had enough.

Now it was Rhea's turn to have enough.

She stood up and placed a hand on the male's shoulder and smiled at him before turning to the female behind the desk. "You're incompetent system is fucking ridiculous, if you won't treat him I will. Now get me a kit, a smock, and whatever you administer for pain."

"I don't know who you believe to—"

"I didn't stutter, she-wolf. Get me those things or I will get them myself, and if I see one wolf behind those doors sitting or slacking off I will not be happy." Clearly, it kicked something into gear as the female moved from her chair behind the desk, taking her sweet time to return with everything she asked for.

Though a male Healer had come forward with anger steaming in his eyes. "What in goddess' name is happening here?!" He roared, and Rhea ignored him without a doubt as she directed the two males to place the makeshift gurney on the coffee table.