84.

* * ☾ * *

Alpha Queen Amory's POV

Amory ran.

Ran faster than she ever had.

She knew Romulus was still stationed at the spot beside the deer, earnestly taking her suggestion of giving her a head start—But given with the way she laughed through the clearing, it ultimately gave away her location.

Until she returned properly into the thicket.

It felt like a beacon had gone off in her mind as she felt her mate shift and take off after her. Ignoring the shock running through her stiff muscles, Amory did not dare allow herself to slip, not when he was well behind her, only a few seconds slower due to his stalling.

With another grin, she managed a quick left to dodge his next move, then going right, laughing as she heard his aggravated huff and faulty stumble as he slid on the grass and went down.

He had only fallen for a split second, but it allowed her a bit more distance between them—Given that this was a race over unfamiliar and very uneven terrain.

Soon, she was headed down a hill, in what she could only assume was closer to her summer manor—Given that the creek she had rediscovered had caused memories to flash in her mind, which guided her well when the momentum the hill gave her was easy enough to use against him.

With her arms wailing in the wind had been an awful attempt to give her balance, but she managed with the strike of both luck and power. Though given her mate was well aquatinted with his four sturdy legs, it wasn't too surprising when she took the risk in glancing off behind her, only to spot him just starting to make his way down the hill.

Entering back into the thicket, Amory had needed to take a rest just behind the tree—Wondering if there was any consequence in popping out to scare her mate, given that he had done something similar just an hour ago.

However, after the quick breaths to refill her lungs properly, she held still, wanting to see if she could hear him. Yet with the lack of any noise surrounding her, her heart began to beat quicker.

There hadn't even been a friendly cricket nearby to give her some comfort, but it did give her an answer as to whether he was approaching her—And just as she was about to peek out from the tree, arms managed to grab her around her middle and she let out a panicked shriek as she buckled in Romulus' hold.

With ease, Romulus managed to drag her back against his chest and trap her there—Even going to lift her off the ground walking them both to the clearing before pinning her into the grass, electing a winning grin as he stared down with a blackened gaze to see his prize.

Yet Amory had surprised him with a damning kick.

He growled loudly into her ear, the sound itself was a mere promise of what was in store for her after the trick she had just enacted. Yet the way it rumbled through her body made the hairs stand straight on the back of her neck.

Teeth had set on the base of her neck, teasing and nipping as Romulus growled again, trailing right through back to her cunt.

Kneeling properly in the grass, he took her down with him, placing her properly in the way that he wanted. Bracing her on all fours with a gentle shove—Which Amory had caught before her cheek met the dirt.

Just as she was about to speak, hands started to move and caress her body, and the sound of ripping fabric caused her to gasp, as it exposed her to the cool air.

With such an easy tug on Romulus' part, he inhaled the erotic smell of his mate's sex, adoring the way he had her positioned—His wolf nearly wanting to take charge once more, to allow for another chase to ensure his victory.