44.

* * ☾ * *

Healer Rhea's POV

The pillow under Rhea's head had been a blessing, the softest goddamn thing she had ever felt and she couldn't get enough of it. Her hand gripped the fine material and the distant thought of commending the innkeepers for supplying such a blessing had crossed her groggy mind.

Then again, this was the King's room.

Last night had been draining to her body and so she truly hadn't thought about Romulus' proposal, but perhaps she needed much more than the average female.
Would it be wrong to ask for a courtship?

And that is when the ideas had formed into her mind, if Romulus wanted to undermine the court's authority, what better way to do it here under false pretenses?
Perhaps just hiding amongst the rest would do her better justice than returning outright as Queen.

However, her quickened heart had alerted Romulus and he huffed in damnation. And Rhea laughed, it was almost like her pillow had grown aggravated—wait...

A gasp had caused her to jolt forward, only to find that Romulus turned to look at her, then the rest of the room. His snarl had been eerily calm, though she still had a full sight of his beautiful set of teeth.

Not a moment later, Romulus had taken leave and plopped onto the floor, only to rise just as nude as he ended the day yesterday. Leaving Rhea to groan once again with her hand covering her face.

"Humans are so modest. Amory, it's just a little skin."

"I don't believe your cock is just a little bit of skin, Romulus." A ripping growl had settled the matter as he truly hadn't expected her to speak with such a sharp tongue, and it spoke directly to his beast.

Even mentioning his cock was calling him into action, but Amory was in a delicate state and he wanted to prove that he would be a caring husband. Perhaps then he could further it by becoming mates, that wasn't unheard of, was it?

"Curious about my cock, little Queen?" He grinned ever so widely as he leaned further over the bed and this time Rhea had turned to face him directly at eye level.
"Curious? Yes. About yours? Perhaps." That earned a grunt as he turned away, but she did award herself from her teasing with a quick glance at his arse.

And goddess, was he sporting a fine backside.

"I will send in a female to help you get dressed and ready for our travel to the castle." Now that certainly caught her full front attention, but Romulus hid his smile that she had definitely been looking towards him.

It wasn't strange for a female of his kind to size up their male, wondering if they are worthy and strong enough. Especially when it meant bringing pups into the world, a bit barbaric, but of course a female wanted strong pups.

While Romulus went along to check in on the two males and prep them for their journey back to Red Moon, the King had also added a letter that needed to be delivered to Alpha Stephan.

With that all settled, Romulus had turned to see Amory speaking brightly to both the female at her side and Marrow—Who's grim face suggested that he was apologizing on his brethren's behalf.

Yet as he come closer, either had dispersed while her gaze was down to her borrowed cloak. Leaving Romulus to pick up her gaze. "Is everything alright?"

"Of course, I was just admiring the design. This must have taken ages to stitch." She cooed down to the fabric and he instantly buckled it properly. "It isn't fit for your small frame, I will have plenty commissioned for you before winter comes."