Camp Night

Chapter 8

"Why did you try to kill me back there in Whitmore when we clearly sealed the deal to leave me unharmed and divide the world in two and start going in separate ways. Where's the deal now?" I primarily asked as I held my stick with the marshmallow pierced on it's tip end burning slowly from the dancing flames of the bonfire.

"I was... desperate, knowing that I'll be stuck in this prison world forever and you're blood was the only way on getting out in here and plus...

I placed the ascendant on my car.. with you because I want to prove to you that I'm being honest and changed but as soon as I realized that being alone here, again.. sucks" he shrugged his left shoulder, docking his head looking at the burning mallows.

"And since I got the magic I was, tempted." He added looking so serious and deep.

"I'm sorry." He sincerely looked at me as looking so sincere and honest. I've never seen him this way.

I looked at him starting to get into his words and his world.

"I knew that you left me on the ground as I woke up and you fled. I didn't expect you to still have magic and spent it on me." He continued.

"How did you know I was here in new york and how did you track me?" I asked, curious.

"I tracked you by a locator spell. You spilled tons of blood back there so I used it but the spell didn't work because my magic drained. I searched everywhere and saw my car at the bus station and knew where you were headed because the car stopped at the sign saying New York City."

"I followed you here minutes after you arrived in New York. Such a great flight. Right?" He smiled at me weakly as he continued to narrate the whole story.

"I.. Uh stayed at a library and found the books of an author my family once fancy's out, Sharon Creech."

"What!?" I flinched as soon as I heard Sharon Creech.

"What?" He asked, reading my shocked reaction.

"Nothing.. Just continue." I hesitated to explain because I wanted to listen to his story more.

"So I read her books and it reminded me of my family, my family calling me an abomination, my family who sent me here to this hell."

"I went out and threw it. I went everywhere looking for you but I can't so I slept every house I see in New York for I guess almost week. One night, I was about to break in to a house to sleep in but I saw you by the window and I was about to knock by the window"

"Seriously, knocking on the window?" I ridiculed.

"But as I heard you breaking out while you filmed yourself and heard that you believed that I changed but I didn't and you hated it, I felt this water literally started pooling in my eyes.
Has that ever happened to you, like water just oozing out of my eyeballs like I'm some alien creature excreting fluids. " He furrowed his brows trying to define his story.

"You mean you cried?" I retorted.

I looked at him merely smiling about his empathy.

"Wow, where did you get that empathy? That is a complete shocking newsflash" I commented.

"Things change when I met someone after 20 years being imprisoned in this hell." Kai looks at me.

I rolled my eyes trying not to be engraved by his words but it did hit me somewhere, maybe my heart? But it did hit me.

Who can be that someone? It can't be Damon. It can be me.

"So I went down on the streets. I just wanna give you space above everything because I don't know what to say if I ever knocked the window because probably you're gonna hate me even more especially at the middle of your moment." Kai admitted.

"I walked on the streets thinking about what you just said on the film. And after I have thought of it, I got the guts to apologize.
So I got the guts to walk towards your house to apologize and suddenly I saw you falling so I ran, to catch you." He says with a serious tone.

I looked at him as if I had seen hope, I looked at him as if he had done nothing horrible. I came to think to realise that if he wasn't there, I shouldn't be in here, I will never see my friends ever again if I could ever have the chance to escape here, I will never know him having real voice containing light in it.

"Then you saved me."

I held his hand and smiled at him warmly.

"You know kai, we don't have to be fire all the time. We don't have to kill each other." I said warmly.

But touching his hand reminded me the times where I felt the agony he's giving and it hurts. It hurts really bad that my heart started to crack because even if I wanted to believe him, there's this part of me that's burning, full of hatred from all the whimpers and cries that he has given me.

I reached out the sharp wooden stick and stabbed him at his back with no qualms.

Kai gasps all of a sudden as he's stabbed in the back. He falls off on the ground, gasping for air as he tries to crawl away from me, but I grabbed  him intently and stabs him again at his hamstring. I rolled him to face me.

"Bonnie!" He cried.

"You're lying" I pinned him on the ground.

"Do you think all those things you said are gonna lure me to trust you? Huh?"

"Gaining your trust, and then stabbing you in the back? Feels pretty sucky, doesn't it?" I howled through clenched teeth.

Kai looks truly afraid.

"What are you doing?" He said as he's panting.

"You just came here to me and saved me because you want my blood and get the stupid ascendant because anytime you might find magic and suck it and leave me here and you'll live your life back at the real world." I ranged to pure fury, bickering each word.

"Please don't" Kai pleads.

"Don't what? Don't-don't leave you here? All alone? Drive you to the point of wanting to end your own life?" I said angrily gritting.

I completely lost my temper and shouts at the top of my lungs.

"I almost killed myself because of you!"

Kai completely terrified.

"Please, please, believe me! I've changed!" He cried.

I held the knife up above him.

"I know. I know." I grit my teeth.

"And so have I." I continued.

I stabbed him straight to his stomach.

He gasps for air, grimacing from the pain I stabbed him and it killed him.