Kai

A/N

I'm so sorry for the long wait but I'll never leave you hanging because I solemnly swore that I'll be updating and it'll be worth it and you have to prepare since
this chapter would be long.

____________________________

Chapter 25

I brought home "Kai" at my apartment, he told me to just simply call him "Gem" because he told me that was what his friends used to call him and as we entered my room, I was surprised to see my mom but anyways we hugged each other and had dinner with Caroline, Stefan, Damon and with my mother.

While at the modern designed dining table we had a good time and laughed off things especially at "Gem". I honestly have no idea what to call him or what I think of him.

Conversations kept going but something reminded me about the atasats.

"Mom, what do you know about the atasats?" I asked, curious. Gem moved his body forward, propping his elbows against the table.

"Oh." She sipped her wine and looked at me and at Gem.

"Did you search it on google or something on what does the word actually mean?" Mom asked nonchalantly as she took a slice from her food and chew.

"Do you even know how the internet works?" I bantered.

"It's the ancient term for "bounded"- connected, connected Bonnie." She said in a brusque manner.

Sudden jolt of images skittered around  my mind.
A sudden flash of me being laid and held, dying by the arms of someone whom I couldn't figure out.

"I need you Bonnie, we're connected. I... I just couldn't understand what this is. I feel this bond.. this click when I saw you. It's like some kind of magic, it draught you.. to me."

His voice was so sincere.. It's so familiar.. It's like I had heard of it a million times but I just couldn't decipher who it was.
His face was a bleary figure which obfuscates the information on who this person is but I sure as hell, this is a guy, he must be someone I must have known.

I was awaken by repeating beeps which brought me up from the slur of visions and came back to reality. It was like I came from a short deep nap while sitting at the dining table with them.

I looked at their fazed reactions and searched at the source of the beeps and found a pager similar to Kai's
and it was engulfed with Gem's hand.

"Where did you get that?" I immediately asked tersely.

"I.. I got this from a retro nearby store. You should try going there." He tilted his head with a lopsided smirk.

They asked questions if I was fine and what happened but I hesitated to tell them about the crazy repeating visions.

"So the atasats.. Tell me about it." I asked, desperate for an answer.

"Atasats, they're just actually a myth. We don't know if they.. Really exist.. But I've heard stories about them. It was said that the atasats are repelling. They may be bounded but they are complete opposites, the other is light and the other is dark and it's upon the two on whose which. The atasats may purely hesitate to be connected but.. they are bounded, nothing can extract them even the most powerful witch, no one and nothing can, it's done by nature. Nature would always find a way to get the atasats together." My mom shrugged and we all assented to it.

"Atasats.. Another witch thing. Interesting." Damon deadpanned which gave a clear understatement.

I studied everyone and I saw Gem looking so uneasy.