Run

Chapter 9

I ran as fast as I could.

I arrived in a city from walking and running the whole night or maybe days and now I had reached mid day daylight.

I went to an immediate house as I reached the farthest as I have ever known.

I reached to a door handle and opened the door panting.

Not aware who this house owns, I broke in and slept.

I woke up, showered and took clothes from this stranger's clothes. But as when I wandered around. I saw a photo of..

"Damon!" I flinched.

"What? No. This can't be. Why did I just ever happen to stop by a house from a very special friend that was gone at my side."

I cried out in pain and broke down. Thinking of all the things we did and reminded me of my friends. And it's too painful to miss them.

I looked at the other pictures and wander on the old fashioned stuff Damon had. I looked at some journals and has written the date.

"1970 and New York."

I laughed a little. "Huh. Wonder what you did here at the 1970s here in new york. Wait I'm still here at New York? This place must left untouched even on 1994. Wow I should visit this place if we ever come to New York back in the real time in the world.
You--" I cut off my statement as I remembered his camera was with me.

I start filming.
"Hey Damon. Look where I am right now. Tadaa" I turn around the camera showing the whole room." I walked outside, filmed and went inside, again making fun of Damon's vintage things in this little house.

I turn off the camera and knew it had a low battery.

"Dammit."

I went out the house cautious if Kai might just appear and try to kill me.

I looked around and walked peacefully on the streets.

I turned the camera again since it still has little battery left.
"I'm here at New York with this creepy post apocalyptic vibe and here, bonnie trying to steal a vintage battery of a vintage camera I'm now using. So here goes" I waved my hands freely.

I opened a camera shop door with its tingling sound due to the decorated bells placed on top of the door to know there's a customer coming in.

"Bonnie trying to find and steal a battery.." I said in a sing song voice.

"Hmm" I hummed.

"Found it! And plus there's a clip charger. This is soo the '90s. Cool right? Guys please don't tell the cops that I stole. I am so gonna get screwed up if you do."

I went to a nearby alcohol shop.

"Going in and get all these pocket bursting pricey alcohols. I am so going into jail. Shhh" I said in a sing song voice again.

I went home drinking.

I placed the batteries and turned on the camera and starts filming drunk because I had drank more than 5 bottles.

"Damon, Elena, Caroline or whoever turns on this stupid thing. I know I know, I said this already. Don't worry. I'm not going to kill myself again. I did try but failed.
Wanna hear what's funny?
Kai saved me and Kai, the wannabe hero caught me as I jumped off the roof of the house and after that, we slept. Funny right? I slept with a sociopath and a psychopath. He didn't remember and I didn't remember how. And what happened during the night? We had uh.. I won't mention it because it's gross. Oh well he just died. I killed him.. Maybe it was like last night or last week. I forgot. It's been days I have been here. Kai just, poof and gone" I drank another bottle making hand gestures.

"You know what guys... I kept thinking if kai has changed. I mean, a lot of things just kind of happened here.. If our life here is recorded in a movie. I mean it would rank the first above all ratings" drunkly speaking.

I laughed.

"You can't believe that I just killed him. I mean he spoke a good story to me while we were camping. I started to like him besides the horrible things that he did." I waved my hand like forming a rainbow.

"I wanted to kiss him but ew, just, no. Kai..." I waved my face, disgusted.

"No bloody way. So I just decided to stab him because I wanted to revenge from all the things that he did to me and avenge me justice."

"And so... It was just the perfect moment to kill him because he looked so depressed as he was talking about his story and I like to see him suffer and I wanted to make it worse by stabbing him. You know the feeling of being able to revenge. The feeling of satisfaction.

But even you have achieved the satisfaction of revenge. You still have your heart... Your heart to feel guilt regardless of the things that person has done." I threw the bottles to relent my emotions.

"I hate myself! I hate this heart! I hate it!" I screamed at the bottom of my lungs.

I turned off the camera and slept drunk on the floor.