Mother

Chapter 22

Seeing that person morphed me from terror and fear to gratitude and excitement.

It was my mom.

__________________________

We swiftly sat up in the bed under the dim light.

"Mom?" a bitter awe crated a warm smile in my face and hugged her tightly.

She's exactly the person I wanted to see right now above all the things that has happened in my life.

She might have done a lot of things but she's still my mom.

And I miss her.

"I miss you mom."

She hugged back.

"Oh baby, I miss you too." She retorted.

"Now listen, I'll be short in here. I have to go in any minute" She held both of my arms intently with her hands. Her face turned from warm and friendly to a this-is-important face.

"But wh--" I was supposed to ask why, but she shooked me off.

"there is something that you should know about Kai's father."

My mouth dropped and flinched as I heard Kai and my shock even grew in terror when I heard Kai's father.

My mom's head motioned down, her intense warning turned down but she must have fought back her emotions as she looked up and faced me.

"Kai's father has some issues that.. as of now you wouldn't understand."

Her lashes went down.

"Mom. He's dead." I looked at her moving my head down to meet her eye, assuring her.

"Tell me."

"I know." She pinned some of my hair strands at the back of my ear gently, clearing out my face.

"You wouldn't understand." She said with a voice showing an understatement with a flat motherly tone and smiled.

"Mom.. Of course I will." I said warmly.

I tried to light up the conversation so mom could be comfortable to speak of whatever she would say so I sprang out of bed.

"Wait." I said as I wore my sleeping slippers that Caroline gave me as a moving-out gift while I was wearing an undershirt and a flannel bottom pajama. I paced towards the switch to turn on the light, rapidly motioning towards the kitchen which apparently was just across my bed. Yup I know, my room is kind of small but it fits for me as a one person user.

I went to the coffee blender and brewed coffee for me and my mom. She must have noticed what I was doing so she sprang up from bed too and walked towards the kitchen countertop table on which where I was.

"Kai's father was my, you know, my kind of, you know.. " She stammered and I was curious of what she meant as she sat up in the high chairs by the countertop across me whilst I lend her coffee as I continuously sipped my coffee.

"He was my significant other back at the old days."

I choked on my coffee as I heard significant other.

"Your what!?" Disgust and shock shook me from my coffee moment, as I was coughing.

"We had a relationship when we were young, like at your age." My eyes wide, appalled at the thought of mother having a relationship with Kai's father, the staggering thought was sickening like I just want to throw up but it would be too squeamish.