Miles Morales

— 🎶Ooooh, some things you just can't refuuuuse, she wanna drive me like a cruuuise, and I'm not tryna loooose🎶

Miles would you stop singing this loud everyone can hear you, my best friend Margo told me hitting my shoulder.

I can't help it you know how dope this song is ! I paused my song and took off my earphones.

You've been listening to it since last year.. she gave me a look shaking her head.

It's still a bop though !

Whatever you're late, run. She pushed me.

You like to touch me more than I thought. I mocked her moving away.

Shut up and go to class ! She yelled as I was already far from her.

• • •

Damn I'm already 10 minutes late ! That dumbass didn't wake me up ! I whispered to myself mentally cursing my friend Ganke. I'm sure he did that so he could get away with my sneakers, but I'm not finished with him.

I arrived in front of my classroom after a little run and sticked my ear to the door to hear what was going on inside. I could only faintly hear the sound of a video and the lights seemed to be off so I could maybe sneak in without getting caught ? One life. I quietly turned the handle and carefully pushed the door so it wouldn't creak but of course it did.
The lights of the room were immediately turned on like I had been caught by the police.

Mister Miles Morales, late, once again. The teacher announced. I sighed and entered the class.

Hey, missed me I see ? I tried with a clumsy smile.

Young man, how would you like it if I was 10 minutes late for school every morning like you are ?

Actually it would be great, we could ride to school together ! I said.

There was an awkward silence for like 15 seconds and the teacher was looking at me with a blank face. I could see everyone else trying to contain their laugh but one soft and cute one was heard instantly grabbing my attention. My face and the teacher's turned to the blonde girl that had let out a chuckle. A smile automatically shaped its way into my face as I saw her face, wow, she's really beautiful.

My bad... she said lifting one hand.

Go take a sit mr Morales before I change my mind. The teacher spoke and I moved to the girl sitting right next to her. I waited for the teacher to resume the video to ask her.

Hey you're new in here ? It's the first time I see you, I said curiously analysing her features. Beautiful blond hair, plump lips, cute nose, bright blue eyes..

Yea.. she shortly answered looking at me sideways for a short second. I laid my cheek on my hand still admiring her.

You're really b- I mean bienvenido, my name's Miles Morales. I offered her a smile.

Her eyes came back to me and she smirked.

I guessed that, seems like you have quite a reputation with the teachers here.

Oh this... they like me, they just don't know how to express it. I shrugged letting out a slight chuckle.

Mr Morales, I'll let you know how I like you through a meeting with your parents if I hear you once more. I heard the teacher's voice and immediately sat straight. After a minute when the teacher finally moved I took another glance at the new girl to see she was concentrated on the screen. She looks very beautiful anyways, I hope I can get close to her.

After two hours of classes the bell finally rung and the teacher had left us with an assignment due for next Monday in relation with the 2 hours movie we've just seen but damn me I've slept the whole thing, I haven't even seen the new girl leaving. I quickly packed my stuff and ran to my next class to not be marked as late once more.