Crush

I think this will do, you think you can go back to running ? She asked me standing right in front of me and I gulped before nodding. She shook her head with a smile rolling her eyes before sitting down. As usual the nurse wasn't here so Gwen did the job for me. Lay down for a second, we'll go back in 30 minutes.

Nah I'm good really we can go ! I said not wanting to make her miss a class.

Don't worry it's no big deal, she said as if she could read my mind. I laid down looking at the roof and for a minute there was a silence before she decided to break it. That was Spanish earlier right ?

Uh ?

When you... she tried to hold a laugh. Hit that goal post, you said a Spanish word I think.

Yo stop mocking me. I joked and she shrugged like she was innocent. Yea that was Spanish, my mother is Puerto Rican so I can speak a little bit of Spanish.. but I fully understand it ! How not not though she's almost always speaking Spanish.. I chuckled. That conversation just reminded me I gotta call my parents. And you ? Where you from ? I asked her and from the expression she made I guess she didn't really like to talk about herself. But that's nothing, if I have to I'll do the conversation for two.

Oh me ? I'm 100% American, your pure average white girl ! She joked fiddling her fingers.

Average ? I asked confused looking at her in the eyes. Does she thinks she's average ?

Whatever, I'm not interesting, do you have hobbies or something ? She asked trying to make the conversation back about me. I smirked at her attempt but decided to leave her be for now.

I've got plenty of interesting things I like to do... I said to her then I started talking about my love for basketball, music, and above all my passion and talent for art.

Wow, you gotta show me one of your drawings someday ! She said looking impress making me feel like I've scored a goal for the World Cup.

Well I think it's time to go back isn't it ? I reminded her and she nodded. Not that I don't have any more interesting facts about my person but I think we should get going before upsetting Drew. I stood up and we started to walk back to our class. It felt great talking with her and I've never loved a PE class like I did today.

• • •

It was nighttime and I was already looking forward to my next philosophy class. 4 more days before I see her again... wait I can just ask her to eat with me and my crew right ? But damn... I facepalmed when I realised I didn't ask her to eat with us for tomorrow nor asked her for her phone number so I really wouldn't get to talk to her but I figured I'd do it another time.

You look good Miles, I bet you've seen that one girl ? Ganke guessed.

Right, I learned her name by the way, her name is Gwen. I said smiling proud of myself.

Bet you have a crush on that girl because I've never seen you like that, he chuckled and I wanted to deny but that sounded 100% true.

Yea totally... I admitted making him almost fall of his chair.

Wait for real ?! You're for real Miles ? And I guessed that ? Daaaamn, my little man got his eyes on a girl already ! He said playfully hitting my shoulder.

— I think that's what you call love at first sight.. except I'm not in love with her, I corrected myself.

— Yet. Ganke added

— Shut up bro..

— Nah more seriously, good luck with that Miles, not that you need it though you have natural rizz.